MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
Briefly met Max on one of my many JCC outings this was at Thruxton and Dora announced to me oh me and Max are an item by the way. Remember discussing tyres as I had just had a new set.
Agree its a shame to dwell on the bickering but this kind of thing shows there's no real point falling out over Mini Clubs and Forums etc.

Condolences to Dora and Max's family.

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
very sad news - I will miss our occasional chats and banter between our 2 clubs.

Love or loathe him Max was one hell of a character we will all miss :(

Makes me chuckle to remember the day I loaded up MINI2 to see a picture of his Labrador with a huge rampant rabbit it's in it's mouth like a bone. Needless to say the post didn't last long - but that was Max - always close to the bone, out to shock but always a heart of gold underneath.

Best wishes to Dora and Max's family at this very sad time.

Paul

·
Havin' fun...
4,931 Posts
Max was a larger than life character.

And that's why I shall miss him all the more.

I last saw him on August Bank Holiday when we went to his pad on the canal. He loved his boat, and was very happy among his new found canal buddies.

He emailed me about a month ago telling me the interior of his boat had been ransacked - he had been paid a visit by waterside wildlife. Not for Max a visit by a water vole - but a bloody great mink!

And that was the last I heard from him - with another extraordinary tale.

The Mini community is poorer for his passing.

·
www.totalmini*****
15,256 Posts
There was a time when Max and I were very close, sadly we had a few differences lately which left us to drift apart. I had an enormous amount of respect for Max and was glad to have him as a friend. His stories, witty remarks and banter were a source of huge entertainment for a great many of us.

There are a few people left on here who may remember the birth of SCNM and the weeknight meets on the outskirts of basingstoke. The mighty imp, Grings, Dabe, Tony*t3, Married Blonde etc, all honking around the hampshire countryside before a swift pint and a chat.

The good times I shared with Max far outweigh the bad times, and it's those good times that I will remember. Thank you mate for enriching all of our MINI experiences. Rest in peace. Love and thoughts go to Dora and all of Max's family.

Chris

·
Registered
80 Posts
Our sympathies go to Dora and all the family.

Our paths had crossed at several events, including both MINI Uniteds, Misano was the first time we met them and then Zandvoort.

RIP

Jayne
Kent & East Sussex MINI Club

·
MINI2 Regular
112 Posts
I did not know Max but having read these recent posts I can gleam he was a wonderfully well respected and characterful guy who meant so much to many. I send Dora and all the family my condolences and hope you find comfort in the messages left on this and other forums.

Liz

·
Totalled
7,388 Posts
I've met Max a few times and although things got a bit out of hand on here between him and Mini2, I always found him to be a nice decent fellow who always had time to say hello.

You'll be missed by many Max. My thought are with Dora and family.

·
Lord of The Four Rings
11,003 Posts
I will not dwell further on some of the instances where there was a difference of opinion. I personally didn't have any issues with him - I remember he was an eloquent speaker who was also a bit of snazzy dresser at the Ball. From speaking with Dora in their early days I believe he was also a real gentleman.

And a lot of us know how he enjoyed the spirited side of MINI motoring - we even did a joint Maniacs/SCNM run a few years ago.

My condolences to Dora and family at this very difficult time. I know Dora doesn't come on M2 any more but would love to meet her again.

·
MINI2 Overdose!
2,336 Posts
I know its early days to suggest this but with all that has gone on in the past I think that it would be a fitting tribute to Max to organise a mini run in his memory.

I don't want to go through all that has gone on before but Max was a real Mini enthusiast and thats what we all at heart are and this would be a fitting tribute!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i second that neil re the tribute run. as i posted on SCNM forum. my thoughts go out to Dora and Malcolm's family. He was a real gent, friendly to all and will certainly be missed in the MINI community.

theres a picture tribute on SCNM for Max. i cant put the url up as i havent done 5 posts on here!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I know its early days to suggest this but with all that has gone on in the past I think that it would be a fitting tribute to Max to organise a mini run in his memory.

I don't want to go through all that has gone on before but Max was a real Mini enthusiast and thats what we all at heart are and this would be a fitting tribute!
Great idea - definitely up for a tribute run - let's "Take it to the Max!"

Anyone got a copy of the route Max mapped out for us around the Devils Dyke area?

·
MINI Obsessed...
4,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

I couldnt agree more :) All puts it into prospective :) Would certainly be good to get all the old faces back together if only just for one time but I do hope all the past can be put behind everyone :)

Would be brilliant to see you at the Christmas Meal too :) http://www.scnm.co.uk/forum-t53048.html

41 - 60 of 108 Posts
About this Discussion
107 Replies
77 Participants
Tonyt3
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing