MINI Cooper Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Havin' fun...
4,931 Posts
I know its early days to suggest this but with all that has gone on in the past I think that it would be a fitting tribute to Max to organise a mini run in his memory.

I don't want to go through all that has gone on before but Max was a real Mini enthusiast and thats what we all at heart are and this would be a fitting tribute!
i second that neil re the tribute run. as i posted on SCNM forum. my thoughts go out to Dora and Malcolm's family. He was a real gent, friendly to all and will certainly be missed in the MINI community.

theres a picture tribute on SCNM for Max. i cant put the url up as i havent done 5 posts on here!
I think we ought to allow Dora time and space right now. She must be devastated, and will have a lot of work to do now - and she may have added problems with administration as Max's family may take precedence.

I have sent Dora a text asking her to contact me should she need to talk to someone. Dora and I spent many hours MSNing as she anguished about her marriage at the time Max first entered her life. I hope that she will take my offer.

I would be honoured to organise something in his memory, but for me, Dora's needs should take priority, and sensitivity the first thing we offer.

·
GP 1752
3,215 Posts
Dora needs her time alone with family , the runs would be a great way to say goodbye to max but leave it till the summer of next year.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
I know its early days to suggest this but with all that has gone on in the past I think that it would be a fitting tribute to Max to organise a mini run in his memory.

I don't want to go through all that has gone on before but Max was a real Mini enthusiast and thats what we all at heart are and this would be a fitting tribute!
I think this is most appropriate; I don't have any idea of the 'past' stuff and it's really not the point. Trainman is right. A MINI Run in his memory would be great. I'm sure someone will think of a Run which would be in fitting with Max. I don't mind co-ordinating, at all by Admin purposes if anyone needs a hand. I am off at home today. :)

PS: I agree with Harpo that Dora probably does need space and the family some 'alone time'.

·
MINI2 Overdose!
2,336 Posts
I think we ought to allow Dora time and space right now. She must be devastated, and will have a lot of work to do now - and she may have added problems with administration as Max's family may take precedence.

I have sent Dora a text asking her to contact me should she need to talk to someone. Dora and I spent many hours MSNing as she anguished about her marriage at the time Max first entered her life. I hope that she will take my offer.

I would be honoured to organise something in his memory, but for me, Dora's needs should take priority, and sensitivity the first thing we offer.
I totally agree with your comments Harpo.

Thats why its early days to suggest this. I just think it would be an appropriate way to remember him by.

·
The Red Fox
4,979 Posts
Well Max had been looking at doing the re-run of the Ides of March run down around Portsmouth and Alton way next March....And it was quite popular so we have been talking about doing that maybe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i agree with paul and neil.

let things settle down a bit and those of us closer to Dora will assist with a MINI run when she wants it to happen. I think Max would have probably wanted to have a memorial run near to the old SCNM stomping ground of old days on and around the fast country lanes on salisbury plain.

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
this is awful, max was a great guy who organized some of the best runs over the years and his dislike of the jcw always kept me amused and its his fault i developed a mini tuning addiction after letting me drive the beast at bedford, a true gent he will be missed

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
My heartfelt thoughts and prayers to Max's family, Dk and all saddened by this loss.

Truly a character with character.

·
SCNM misfit
3,304 Posts
Have posted my condolences on SCNM - really sadly missed he was first person who said 'Hi' to me at a meet years back, and I fondly remember the massive MINI meet run (? not sure if name is right?) when he headed in front of me saying 'try to keep up' ....OMG!!!:cool:

RIP Max

My thoughts are with you Dora

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
One of my fondest MINI Run memories include Max & his quick adventures down the Zig Zag during our Round Great Britain Run in 2004.
His hospitality was astounding, putting on tea & biscuits for us all & the whole neighbourhood being involved. It truly was great times & I am glad to have had the opportunity to have had Max touch my life in such a sweet, kind & caring way.

I know in the latter years things weren't as sweet between the relationship of Max & MINI2, but it's certainly at times like these when everything gets put in to perspective.

I am truly saddened for your loss Dora & particularly Max's family to have lost such a great man. My thoughts are with you all x x

61 - 80 of 108 Posts
About this Discussion
107 Replies
77 Participants
Tonyt3
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing