MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Doncaster Mini Register
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the UK's premier modified car shows held at the Doncaster Race Course every year. Some of you will have no doubt heard of it. This years dates are the 17 and 18th of April.
I run the Doncaster New Mini Register, and i had the idea of bringing together some of the UK's best modified Mini's for this show. I have spoken to the organisers and they are willing to provide space for 10 cars. Unfortunately this will be outside on grass due to the huge demand for space.
This thread is to guage interest in putting this together before i confirm the space with the organisers. If you have a modified Mini, and we aren't talking aero kits and 17"s here, we are looking for cars on the next level, wide arches, bigger wheels, top ICE installs etc, then please leave a message here.
The terms for the show are :
Cars will need to be in place on the stand from 9 - 5.30 on both days. You will be free to take the car from the show outside these times.
Price is £ 25.00 for car and driver which includes tickets to both days, valet pack, and entry into adults only show on saturday night.
Passengers pay £ 30.00 for the same tickets.
Drivers will need to find their own accomodation, although i will be able to point you in the direction of some hotels etc.
If you are interested please leave a message here. I will need photos and spec sheets aswell though. These can be sent to
'Doncaster Mini Register, 325 Thorne Road, Doncaster, DN2 5AP'. I need photos because you may be invited to put your car inside to be judged on 'best in Britain' with prize money of £ 1000. Remember we only have 10 spaces and i will choose the best cars to go on the stand. If we have a good display I will try and get more space for the next show.
Cheers
Jas

·
Doncaster Mini Register
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can't believe all you modified Mini owners out there don't want to show your cars off at one of the premier modified car shows in the UK.
Will call it off if no interest by mid-January, and it would be a real shame if all us Mini owners out there can't get 10 good cars together for a show, and put the other manufacturers cars to shame.

·
Doncaster Mini Register
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cancelled!!!

Due to lack of interest, the Modified Mini stand is now not being organised at this event. i must be honest here, I am surprised that all you modified Mini owners out there didn't want to be at the UK's premier modified car show. It isn't all boy racers here, there is some serious players on the circuit, and the Mini should be right there amongst them. May try and do it again next year.
Jas, Doncaster Mini Register

1 - 3 of 3 Posts