MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my GP running our 2.0L stroker with the stock supercharger. It lays down 262whp and 234ft lbs of torque at the wheels. This was the fastest car on track and to this day no other race Mini has beaten this time. The fastest NON RMW car was a turbo R53 making 328whp and driven by a world cup driver who managed 1:31 on the same course as I have driven.
I have been a drag racer all my life and including this day have 5 road track days. So this puts into perspective how easy it is to drive this car fast. Anyone still think you can't put the power down?;)

You can tell there is much more in this car.

Revolution Mini Works @ Streets of Willow

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the spec of this car:

RMW 2.0L engine kit
RMW Custom ECU mapping
RMW exhaust with Racing header and cat;)
RMW Laminova W2A
Cross Suspension
Air duct kit for brakes
Cross Coilover kit

Stock JCW air box
stock throttle body
stock JCW brakes, lines ,pads and rotors (stock fluid too;))
stock swaybars
nothing taken out of car;)

I drove the car there and drove it home (over 300mi round trip)
the track is at altitude and was over 85degrees ambient

·
Registered
619 Posts
Sounds & looks good!

Have you got a cost yet for this conversion?

Torn between a turbo conversion / stroker conversion / or dare I say it a change of car but it's all dependent on cost!!

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
Gorgeous sounding motor.... ooohhh... seriously what a noise!!! Rips through the revs like motherlicker!!! :D

So what specs the drive-train? Is it a close ratio face-lift gearbox? Does it have a diff?
Looks really sorted for handling in that video, seriously not hanging around there mate. Nice job! :D

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gorgeous sounding motor.... ooohhh... seriously what a noise!!! Rips through the revs like motherlicker!!! :D

So what specs the drive-train? Is it a close ratio face-lift gearbox? Does it have a diff?
Looks really sorted for handling in that video, seriously not hanging around there mate. Nice job! :D
Drive train :

Stock except for the Clutchmaster Stage 4 clutch/flywheel
I am the only one running the 4 puck which is a little tricky. The 6 puck is the one I recommend now for this setup;)

It has the factory LSD.......this is a GP car:biggrin:

that's the beauty of the videos to show people how fast the car is in real situations

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
Hmm... starting to wonder if I should have waited out for a face-lift box and lsd. That seems to drive like an absolute dream... I thought it had a diff as you can hear it scrabbling for grip. I love that rally esque sound as the engine note wobbles while the diff is ripping up the tarmac over the bumps... if you get what I'm talking about. Awesome, simply awesome. As per my sig turbo schmurbo!! Thats what a Mini should sound like... not an Evo clone :D

I think the 350Z driver needs to collect his jaw from the final corner I think he dropped it as you lapped him and left him for dead! Lol!!

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is pretty impressive Jan. :cool:

thanks, I have been testing this for quite some time and I am very happy with the results.

I should have our driver get it around the track here before too long to see what it really can do.:D

The orders for the strokers has been high, getting the production line together is slow and tedious as these are in all purposes racing engines that run on pump gas;)

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm... starting to wonder if I should have waited out for a face-lift box and lsd. That seems to drive like an absolute dream... I thought it had a diff as you can hear it scrabbling for grip. I love that rally esque sound as the engine note wobbles while the diff is ripping up the tarmac over the bumps... if you get what I'm talking about. Awesome, simply awesome. As per my sig turbo schmurbo!! Thats what a Mini should sound like... not an Evo clone :D

I think the 350Z driver needs to collect his jaw from the final corner I think he dropped it as you lapped him and left him for dead! Lol!!

it does have a unique sound with our racing exhaust
we have another version of the supercharger for this that will absolutely make this car unstoppable. Once fitted , finished and tested I believe there won't be a turbo Mini around that will touch it on the track because the power delievery is much much better. I have way more torque coming out of the corners than a turbo car could ever have.

When I rolled into the raceway I had the air conditioning on, pulled up to a Z06 and 2 350z on trailers and hopped out and started jacking up the car to put on the Hoosiers.
The Z06 owner walks up and says: "slicks on a Mini?"
I said, yes it will need them;)

after the first run session he came up and said wow.... that thing moves:D

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
Haha that must give you such a buzz!!! :D

So is the sound more down to the header & exhaust your using as apposed to the bigger bore engine is it just a combination of them all working well? Sorry for all the questions just interested, shame I've just had the Janspeed bolted on lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
812 Posts
great video Jan! couldn't stop smiling when the Nissan 350z tried to outgun you..:biggrin: Jan what whp will you get with std GP intercooler with std GP manifold +exhaust thanks.:smile:

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha that must give you such a buzz!!! :D

So is the sound more down to the header & exhaust your using as apposed to the bigger bore engine is it just a combination of them all working well? Sorry for all the questions just interested, shame I've just had the Janspeed bolted on lol :rolleyes:

it's the exhaust:D

the stroker just adds a pinch of more bass to it

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
great video Jan! couldn't stop smiling when the Nissan 350z tried to outgun you..:biggrin: Jan what whp will you get with std GP intercooler with std GP manifold +exhaust thanks.:smile:
I think everyone there was shocked that the fastest car on the track the entire day was a MINI:D

I ran the car with stock GP intercooler and made 261whp and 232ft lbs of torque but it had my exhaust on the car. I just finished up a custom "shorty" header which will bolt up to any catback.

We had a GP just run it with our head/cam/injectors/tune and made 253whp

·
Overly excited!!
1,364 Posts
Jan, any chance you can get a dB metre about a foot away from your exhaust at 4k and 4.5k RPM to see how loud it is please?

I would love to know if this could run on track days over here, as we often have a dB limit between 95dB and 105dB.

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jan, any chance you can get a dB metre about a foot away from your exhaust at 4k and 4.5k RPM to see how loud it is please?

I would love to know if this could run on track days over here, as we often have a dB limit between 95dB and 105dB.
search around ............there's one landing soon;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts