MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of a road angel 2 installed in their mini? I'm thinking of getting one but really like having a nice clear dashboard....

·
ex GP 0100
212 Posts
Mine arrived today, will fit in daylight tomorrow and post in next couple of days. I know they say fit in middle for best results (since that's for rear laser really, and if it gets you, you'll be done in my book), so will do on the side, a-la road pilot that some of the guys have done.

·
ex GP 0100
212 Posts
Fitting is too strong a word for the process. Bung the pads on the windscreen, push the wire into the edges, and a couple of tiny pieces of tape under the dash to secure the trailing power cable to the lighter socket. Images attached - looks good with the body colour dash (I was stationary when taking the pic!).

Attachments

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
I'll take you a pic when I get home from work, mines in the middle. It doesn't really get in the way at all. Actually, if you're thinking of getting one PM me cos I'm getting a new MCS in december and will probably change my RA2 for some kind of sat nav system. I will be selling really cheap, possibly e-bay but make me an offer and its yours.
I know all the speed camera positions in my area and as I dont travel far/wide its a bit unecessary. Yes the sat nav system will be too :)

Nick

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ooooh that doesn't look too bad.... is it any good??

oleum - that could be interesting, if you could take a pic of what it looks like in the middle too that would be fab!

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
road angel

the road angel 2 is supposed to be mounted on the dash at the bottom of screen so the infa red sensors on front and back can detect lasers through the windows from front and back, it tells you this in the book!! look at my gallery!!

·
MINI2 Sex God & etc......
1,106 Posts
If the Road Angel isnt @ the bottom, centre of the windscreen it will be harder to pic up lasers, therefore less usefull!!

·
ex GP 0100
212 Posts
I'm not going to dispute what's in the book, but from known experiences of other folks online and around me, once a laser gets you, your pretty much gotten.

For me it's more about unfamiliar rounds and the fixed cameras. Besides, from the rear, you are largely obscured by the smaller window and roll over hoops, and from the front right, you could argue that it is still line of sight if the laser is being operated from the roadside

Have a good weekend everyone. Happy motoring.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah good point about the "limited" view out the back of the convertible.

Does the Road Angel pick up little men with hairdryers??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts