MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a 2005 cooper and find that there is alot of road noise is this normal previously i was driving a diesel which had such a noisy engine so i wasn't aware of any road noise.

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

Do you have run flats fitted? If you do they are most likely the culprit. Many of us switched back to normal tires to resolve this issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for replying so quickly its driving me mad no i haven't got run flats didn't know if it was anything to do with the stiff suspension and how low to the ground the car is

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Tires generally cause it but the MINI in general has a lot of noise. If you think you have an alignment issue it might be worth getting looked at.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no the alignment is fine sounds like i will just have to get used to driving a petrol with road noise rather than a clunking old diesel whch you expect to be noisy

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi, I find my MINI very smooth and quiet until I hite the pedals and the supercharger whine kicks in..so much fun! I fitted Toyo Proxes and found it to be more quiet. You got to remeber theese are small cars and alway will feel a little louder. Not like a smooth BMW saloon ;)
I love this car to bits owned many cars..always german dont like the interior aura of japanese cars and their dulness. I just fitted a xenon light retro kit this is amazing would highly recommend!!
Enjoy the best hatchback out there...apart from a Mk5 Golf GTI both the daddies!

·
Registered
190 Posts
try running your hands round the tyre treads to make sure that they haven't 'feathered' on the edges.
this can happen even if your wheel alignment is spot on, especially on rotational and aisometrical tyres.
in my experience,badly feathered tyres can make as much noise as badly worn wheel bearings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts