MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
R53 Cooper S Owner
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

How much would road tax be for 12 months on my 54 Cooper S? Its up for renewal in September 08.

Thanks

·
Crakle and pop!!
438 Posts
Hi Tweedbean,

If you renew in september 08 it will be £215 for 12 months. Come next march ( i think) it will then go up to £300 a year. Correct me if im wrong people!

·
JCW 250
1,124 Posts
The R53 JCW S is 202 or 207 (depending on build date) g/km so I doubt the S is 211 (not that it makes much difference to the cost - still in the same band! :) )

Your looking at around £300

·
Registered
7 Posts
We just renewed ours and it was about the £210 mark for an 05 MCS for 12 months, from March it rises to £300ish.

We put 6 months on now then when it runs out will stick 12 months on to maximise the time until we pay £300ish :O)

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,165 Posts
That's it: £210 this year, £300 from spring next year and £310 from the following spring. After that, God knows! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
We just renewed ours and it was about the £210 mark for an 05 MCS for 12 months, from March it rises to £300ish.

We put 6 months on now then when it runs out will stick 12 months on to maximise the time until we pay £300ish :O)
Good idea I did the same only got 6 months this time round. When i renew next I will get 12 months at the present rate. this giving me nearly 12 months before paying the increase:D
If your tax is due now and the price increase is at the beginning of march then it will be too late to do this so go for 12 months that way you still get 6 months at the present rate.

·
Range Rover SDV8!
Range Rover SDV8, Triumph Tiger & Triumph Trophy
5,165 Posts
Not good for all the S owners out there! :(
Not good news in itself, but well worth every penny :D Why make huge compromises for the sake of a £20 tax disc?

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Go Go Gadget Mini
900 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep me too. I would pay £500 a year to keep the S. I would probably groan and grumble to the poor old dear behind the post office counter and get moody with the wife coz i have no beer tokens for a couple of months but hey you can't put a price on S-MILES.;)

·
MCS R53 Red and Whitey
42 Posts
How does road tax work?....if you still have say 5 months remaining by next February and there will be a bike hike as of March, can you renew it to 12 months in February?....or can it only be done in 6 month chunks?

·
Registered
382 Posts
You could go to a post office with your V5C, MOT (if over 3 years old) and Insurance Cert, take out tax for 12 months in Feb, then send your old tax disc back to the DVLA for a refund ;)

·
Hot Orange Owners Tribe
150 Posts
You could go to a post office with your V5C, MOT (if over 3 years old) and Insurance Cert, take out tax for 12 months in Feb, then send your old tax disc back to the DVLA for a refund ;)
This is just what I will be doing, instant saving of £90.00, better off in my pocket than the goverments:rolleyes:
just upgraded from the Clubman diesel £30.00 for tax next year, am I mad? to be honest I dont really care, I know I will have more fun in the S convertible with my nice big carbon footprint:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts