MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Kevin Roberts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we have a 2012 R59 Cooper SD JCW in silver Roadster with a roof open warning when cold. Roof Microswitch was changed under warranty circa 3 years ago. When outside temperature cold (includes when left in garage overnight) the roof open bleeper / siren goes off until vehicle warms up. The ignition has to be turned off and turned on again before bleeper stops and when cabin warms up. The dealer will only entertain diagnostic if we take in whilst bleeping but this is impossible as cabin warms up the siren stops. Any ideas of wiring diagram available and I will replace all switches in an effort to fix? Cold means frost in morning and about 0 degrees C
thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi we have a 2012 R59 Cooper SD JCW in silver Roadster with a roof open warning when cold. Roof Microswitch was changed under warranty circa 3 years ago. When outside temperature cold (includes when left in garage overnight) the roof open bleeper / siren goes off until vehicle warms up. The ignition has to be turned off and turned on again before bleeper stops and when cabin warms up. The dealer will only entertain diagnostic if we take in whilst bleeping but this is impossible as cabin warms up the siren stops. Any ideas of wiring diagram available and I will replace all switches in an effort to fix? Cold means frost in morning and about 0 degrees C
thanks
How did you get on. I have the same issue and I have wiring diagram. Trouble is I do not know where the micrswitches are other that the one above passenger window.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts