MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I FINALLY got into the Robotic Garage in Hoboken, NJ. It is the first fully automated garage in the US.
I was told there are 2 other MINIs in there but I haven't seen them (obviously b/c no one can get in the garage!).
No more worries about dings, bird crap, break-ins, etc with street parking. All that piece of mind does come with a price of $200 a month, which is actually cheaper than the normal garages in downtown Hoboken.

Video: http://www.robopark.com/video/cnn_bb.wmv
More Info on Robotic Garages: http://www.robopark.com/

Just thought I would share my excitement. Carry on...

cheers,
averyocooper

·
Baruch Yeshua
67 Posts
averyocooper said:
I FINALLY got into the Robotic Garage in Hoboken, NJ. It is the first fully automated garage in the US.
I was told there are 2 other MINIs in there but I haven't seen them (obviously b/c no one can get in the garage!).
No more worries about dings, bird crap, break-ins, etc with street parking. All that piece of mind does come with a price of $200 a month, which is actually cheaper than the normal garages in downtown Hoboken.

Video: http://www.robopark.com/video/cnn_bb.wmv
More Info on Robotic Garages: http://www.robopark.com/

Just thought I would share my excitement. Carry on...

cheers,
averyocooper

That is really cool, never knew that they had these.

Joshua

·
Registered
39 Posts
I watched the video and have a question. You pull your car in and get out. When they return your car, do they turn it around so you can pull out or do you have to back out?

I couldn't tell from the video.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Okay this is the ultimate gadget! I may have to move to NJ just to park in this thing! I looove gadgets!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Car facing out when it is delivered to bay

DrDiff said:
I watched the video and have a question. You pull your car in and get out. When they return your car, do they turn it around so you can pull out or do you have to back out?

I couldn't tell from the video.
yep, when it returns to one of the 4 bays it is facing outward so you just pull away.

the first day that I was allowed in I spent some time in the control booth talking to the computer tech on duty while he got my key card ready. he works in a small office with a bay window into the complex where he can watch all the car pallets being moved, stacked, and prepared to receive and deliver cars. there is a great view of the cars spinning around, raising up and down to go into and out of "shelves" etc. it is pretty cool.
they fit over 300 cars in there.

i thought of something that they could add to make it even better: a rentable bay to load your car into that you can use to work on your car or wash it, pay by the hour :)

-averyocooper

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
I seen this before... they finally have it in the US? WOW... It was shown on like Top Gear or 5th Gear I forget which one...

I forgot if they mentioned it or not on the show but do you get to lock and keep the key? Would you need to disable the motion sesor? But eh.. I suppose it doesnt matter since "No one goes into the garage"

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
take your keys with you or leave them in

EBMCS03 said:
I seen this before... they finally have it in the US? WOW... It was shown on like Top Gear or 5th Gear I forget which one...

I forgot if they mentioned it or not on the show but do you get to lock and keep the key? Would you need to disable the motion sesor? But eh.. I suppose it doesnt matter since "No one goes into the garage"
You can lock your car and keep the key. I suppose you shouldn't turn on any alarm b/c of motion sensors.

They have asked people to not use any remote key functions until they car is delivered to your exit bay and ready to leave. I guess some people have inadvertently opened trunks or activated remote starts before the car is in the exit bay. B/c of those few bad apples they have asked people to leave their remote keys in the car so they don't set anything off while the car is in the garage BUT they don't check when you drop off the car. It would be convenient to leave the keys in your car if you don't like to carry them around. You need a key card and pin number to retrieve your car.

There is no attendant that checks you in, (there is one computer guy on duty during certain times of the day but all the functions are automatic and you don't actually see any people at the garage).

It is like a huge vending machine :)

-averyocooper

1 - 17 of 17 Posts