MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, pretty much..... some bastard has hit my car somehow on the edge of the roof. i was wondering what the roof is made out of.... and could i pull it out with a strong magnet? Me and my dad had our hands inside the roof, but there is a support beam in the way.

I was thinking about taking it to mini and asking them, but they will charge alot for wot i could possibly do

thanks

·
still learning
1,270 Posts
I once had this done to my rav4 by kids with a ball. ( kicking it too high and landing on my roof )

it was near the middle of the roof so was not always noticable so I decided just to leave it.

but saying that the salesman picked it up when I went to trade it in !! he made a point of looking over the roof and my trade in price was no doubt adjusted accordingly.

there are really good dent removal companies out there, and most are mobile and will come to your house to remove the dent.

I would try them first before a dealer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome. off to get new tyres tomorrow, so will have a look at some dent removal companies. But tbh would rather do it myself and would love suggestions if i dont find a cheap dent remover

·
Mini Youngster
2,437 Posts
Im surprised the swear filter didnt pick up on it. Anyway ;)

Can you not use an aerosol of some description and a hair dryer?? i cant remember what you use on it though, but i heard that somewhere.

Where I park at my girlfriends house some wee kids always play football on the street and normally hit everyones cars. They have dented a few but not mine as i threatened them a few times and also stabbed their football! No respect at all:angry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts