MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let you know my roof isn't working properly. When you press the button to open, only the left hand side goes up. The right bit is stuck.

Anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've had my MCSC since september, and the only problem I've had is about 3 times when putting the top up, the latches fail to catch...just have to put the top back a little and try again and it catches like it should.

Haven't had the problems you're describing, and no roof wear problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sounds exactly what happened when my roof broke, turned out to be the cable in the front part of the roof snapped. But I kept trying to reopen it and close it again, which then twisted the chasse. so be carefull, i ended up with a new roof! after waiting over a week for it with no mini cc! See old thread: "Roof cable snapped"
Hopefully won't be this though!! Gem x

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you can see the cable in the gap in the back window on the right-hand side... it seems to be okay... will see what the dealer makes of it tomorrow

·
Registered
4 Posts
This sounds like the exact same problem as I have.

My roof will unclamp on the right, but stays shut on the left-hand side.

After a few tries of opening and closing, it will eventually unclamp on both sides, and then it will open.

Because it is an intermittent problem, the dealer has claimed they were "unable to find any fault".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.