MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Motoring Princess
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the wonders of living in a car oriented community (westchester)...

as wonderful it was for me to get a MINI, i feel like doing some physical stuff to it... and was wondering what some people thought about it...

i currently have a purple haze/white roof with panoramic sunroof MINI. no stripes. i'm thinking of changing the roof color to black.. but not a flat black. a metallic black.

as for the graphics, i will be putting on stripes... actually a group of pinstripes to make one stripe... do you think it's possible to have the stripes painted on versus vinyl stripes? whole thing about the vinyl getting in the way of me detailing kinda bugs me. or should i just do 2 clearcoats over the vinyl stripes?

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
SweetReverie said:

as wonderful it was for me to get a MINI, i feel like doing some physical stuff to it... and was wondering what some people thought about it...

i currently have a purple haze/white roof with panoramic sunroof MINI. no stripes. i'm thinking of changing the roof color to black.. but not a flat black. a metallic black.

as for the graphics, i will be putting on stripes... actually a group of pinstripes to make one stripe... do you think it's possible to have the stripes painted on versus vinyl stripes? whole thing about the vinyl getting in the way of me detailing kinda bugs me. or should i just do 2 clearcoats over the vinyl stripes?
Great choice of car colour ;) ;) ;) ... and I'm really pleased with the effect of adding stripes to mine... your stripes are sounding interesting!!! do you have pictures of your plans ? what colour are you planning for them ??

·
Motoring Princess
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
feverdiva21 said:
Great choice of car colour ;) ;) ;) ... and I'm really pleased with the effect of adding stripes to mine... your stripes are sounding interesting!!! do you have pictures of your plans ? what colour are you planning for them ??
no pictures yet.. i haven't gotten to my computer that has photoshop on it... but i will have pictures of my plans soon.

the stripes will be the metallic black.. on the hood, they will be purple haze...

the color scheme of the car will be purple and black... i'm going to change the interior of the MINI also... i love the two-toned look.. but black and purple isn't available at the dealer.. so i'll get it done myself...

the rims will be changed to 17" or 18".. the face of the rims (edges) will be black.. the inside of the rims (things in the wheel... the wider part) will be purple.

simple side graphic of i'm not sure what yet.. will be be put on.

i wanted purple HIDs.. but then found out they were illegal. lol.

i was going to change the dashboard lights from the orange to the purple, but i don't really want someone messing around in that area.

i originally wanted a hyperblue/black MINI... but didn't want to wait 2 months for it. dealer just had the one i own shipped in, so i jumped on it.. has everything i want.. with a second choice color.. but purple haze is a really cool color. looks blue at night. :D

·
MINI2 Regular
124 Posts
SweetReverie said:

Hi, Sweetreverie

I would go the vinyl route first incase you weren't taken with the finished look. Vinyl is much easier to take off if you get bored of it too. Congratulations on your MINI and don't forget to post pics :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts