MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I know there have been several threads on this before but it seems we've tried everything and hit a dead end. The roof on my 06 R52 Cooper S won't go down - the switches in the boot are pressed and I know the motor works from testing it but the switch does nothing when pressed, not even a red flashing light.

We've checked fuses f3 and f15 and the one in the engine bay, have cycled the windows, tried opening it by pressing the key, and have reset it by disconnecting the battery as has been suggested before.

Can anyone offer any help?
Cheers

·
Registered
MINI ONE Convertible 2004 1.6 Petrol COOL BLUE A27
24 Posts
Hi, I went through the same issue. I found the sensors were throwing an error code and once the DTC was cleared the roof began functioning fine again. I bought a Creator C310 online as it allows you to access the convertible roof module DTCs to read and clear them.

I just logged in to raise a post about the thrown error codes, so I can understand and maybe resolve the root cause, but just keeping the reader in the car and clearing it if it occurs means I don't have to manually cycle the roof.

The errors identify the roof clamping bracket is not fully raised (the module thinks the roof isn't fully closed to start with) and that a couple of hall sensors that would provide that information cannot be found. The root cause of my issue may be the same of yours and is likely to be a loose wire or connection, rather than the alignment of the sensors, as the roof works most of the time.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I went through the same issue. I found the sensors were throwing an error code and once the DTC was cleared the roof began functioning fine again. I bought a Creator C310 online as it allows you to access the convertible roof module DTCs to read and clear them.

I just logged in to raise a post about the thrown error codes, so I can understand and maybe resolve the root cause, but just keeping the reader in the car and clearing it if it occurs means I don't have to manually cycle the roof.

The errors identify the roof clamping bracket is not fully raised (the module thinks the roof isn't fully closed to start with) and that a couple of hall sensors that would provide that information cannot be found. The root cause of my issue may be the same of yours and is likely to be a loose wire or connection, rather than the alignment of the sensors, as the roof works most of the time.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for your help but unfortunately that hasn't solved it - the OBD didn't detect any DTCs... :/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts