MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi :(
It is with regret that i am PUTTING THIS POST UP , as i have posted on the Round Great Britain Run 2005 i think that we needed 5 full runners to do the run,although there is interest in clubs doing individual days i have failed to get enough interest from people to do the full run :(
So i feel that i have no other option but to CANCEL the Run :( :(
To all that showed an interest in doing the run THANK YOU

SPECIAL THANK YOU TO
DK (Dora) & Soggy Corn Flake (Bob) For ALL your HELP & SUPPORT
I hope to catch up with you ALL on another run soon :)
Cheers
Mark
:( :(

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Good luck on this 1 matey,
Very sorry I cannot guarantee I can do it-But who knows nearer the time.

Simon.

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
As Scoops and Saggy have both said, good luck with it all, and if you come anywhere near Bristol I am more than happy to help as I did this year.

Paul

·
Now with S power!
23,915 Posts
My name wasnt on the original but even so its great to see its going ahead so well done yorkie for sticking with it. It will be worth it. :D

·
Amiga 500 to PS3 20 Years
4,636 Posts
RGB-II. It's Alive!

Hiya Yorkie. Good to see you taking the reigns of this run and it's alive again. Apparently shares at Autoglym went up yesterday ;)

As I said on the PM's we exchanged I'm happy to help out in whatever way I can. I guess the route we will be taking will be similar if not the same to that discussed before but maybe it might be worth debating again. To be honest I dont really mind where we go because this year it was all about the atmosphere, the friends we made and the money we raised. I think it'd be good to keep that in mind.

Fully committed 110% Time to get the moth balls out of my straight jacket now :D

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
I thought this is now a straight run and not one to raise money :confused:

As I said, good luck to you all :)

DK :) :apple:

·
4,636 Posts
... I do think it would be a wasted opportunity to not think about sponsorship for this event, after all that was the whole point of it last time. :)

I don't think there should be any limits imposed on minimum sponsorship, or stumping up amounts up front, that was discussed on the previous thread. I think this just serves to make people quit the run before they've started. I think it would also be nice for the part runners to pay a little money to join us for part of the run, perhaps in the form of a collection bucket at each meet point. Again, no fixed amounts, just whatever is thought appropriate.

Mark / All what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ginge said:
I guess the route we will be taking will be similar if not the same to that discussed before but maybe it might be worth debating again. To be honest I dont really mind where we go because this year it was all about the atmosphere, the friends we made and the money we raised. I think it'd be good to keep that in mind.Fully committed 110% Time to get the moth balls out of my straight jacket now :D
I have asked for a copy of the run notes already planned, however NOTHING is set in stone and if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on new routes please let us know :D
As regards to sponsorship please look at 1st post .

·
part timer!!
12 Posts
Hi mark,

Great to see the new thread up and running. Good luck and anything i can do to help, just ask.

Am with Ginge on the sponsorship issue, think it is perfect opportunity to do something for charity.

Looking forward to it already!!

Matt :D

·
MINI2 Regular
53 Posts
I might be interested if i knew a little more about the run.

whats the route exactly? how long, how much driving?

I'd love to come cause it sounds like such a cool run, but i will need to see what i'm doing closer to the time.

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
yorkie blue said:
I have asked for a copy of the run notes already planned, however NOTHING is set in stone and if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on new routes please let us know :D
As regards to sponsorship please look at 1st post .
Mark i will get the run notes to you over the weekend in AR2004 format.

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
Ginge said:
... I do think it would be a wasted opportunity to not think about sponsorship for this event, after all that was the whole point of it last time. :)

I don't think there should be any limits imposed on minimum sponsorship, or stumping up amounts up front, that was discussed on the previous thread. I think this just serves to make people quit the run before they've started. I think it would also be nice for the part runners to pay a little money to join us for part of the run, perhaps in the form of a collection bucket at each meet point. Again, no fixed amounts, just whatever is thought appropriate.

Mark / All what are your thoughts?
I think i can talk on behalf of the SCNM, last year we all sponsored MAX. Collection buckets arent a bad idea. but i think if u impose a minimum amount to join the run for a period of time you are going to get people not joining the run.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
scooperman_uk said:
I think i can talk on behalf of the SCNM, last year we all sponsored MAX. Collection buckets arent a bad idea. but i think if u impose a minimum amount to join the run for a period of time you are going to get people not joining the run.
SPONSORSHIP
I would like to keep things as simple as possible on this matter!!
so i think we should keep things the same as RGB 2004.
The nominated charity being Whizz-Kidd's, mainly to try and involve BMW / MINI again in some way and i feel its a good charity to help.
There is No minimum amount that needs to be raised by anyone and YES if any MINI2 clubs join us for part of the run then a contribution no matter how big or small would be gratefully received
Yorkie Blue

·
4,636 Posts
scooperman_uk said:
*SNIP* I think if u impose a minimum amount to join the run for a period of time you are going to get people not joining the run.
Exactly what I said. :)

OK, so I think we're all singing from the same hymn sheet here now. Once Mark receives the run info from Lawrence then I guess we can get that added to the first post.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts