MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi :(
It is with regret that i am PUTTING THIS POST UP , as i have posted on the Round Great Britain Run 2005 i think that we needed 5 full runners to do the run,although there is interest in clubs doing individual days i have failed to get enough interest from people to do the full run :(
So i feel that i have no other option but to CANCEL the Run :( :(
To all that showed an interest in doing the run THANK YOU

SPECIAL THANK YOU TO
DK (Dora) & Soggy Corn Flake (Bob) For ALL your HELP & SUPPORT
I hope to catch up with you ALL on another run soon :)
Cheers
Mark
:( :(

·
Amiga 500 to PS3 20 Years
4,636 Posts
RGB-II. It's Alive!

Hiya Yorkie. Good to see you taking the reigns of this run and it's alive again. Apparently shares at Autoglym went up yesterday ;)

As I said on the PM's we exchanged I'm happy to help out in whatever way I can. I guess the route we will be taking will be similar if not the same to that discussed before but maybe it might be worth debating again. To be honest I dont really mind where we go because this year it was all about the atmosphere, the friends we made and the money we raised. I think it'd be good to keep that in mind.

Fully committed 110% Time to get the moth balls out of my straight jacket now :D

·
4,636 Posts
... I do think it would be a wasted opportunity to not think about sponsorship for this event, after all that was the whole point of it last time. :)

I don't think there should be any limits imposed on minimum sponsorship, or stumping up amounts up front, that was discussed on the previous thread. I think this just serves to make people quit the run before they've started. I think it would also be nice for the part runners to pay a little money to join us for part of the run, perhaps in the form of a collection bucket at each meet point. Again, no fixed amounts, just whatever is thought appropriate.

Mark / All what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ginge said:
I guess the route we will be taking will be similar if not the same to that discussed before but maybe it might be worth debating again. To be honest I dont really mind where we go because this year it was all about the atmosphere, the friends we made and the money we raised. I think it'd be good to keep that in mind.Fully committed 110% Time to get the moth balls out of my straight jacket now :D
I have asked for a copy of the run notes already planned, however NOTHING is set in stone and if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on new routes please let us know :D
As regards to sponsorship please look at 1st post .

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
Ginge said:
... I do think it would be a wasted opportunity to not think about sponsorship for this event, after all that was the whole point of it last time. :)

I don't think there should be any limits imposed on minimum sponsorship, or stumping up amounts up front, that was discussed on the previous thread. I think this just serves to make people quit the run before they've started. I think it would also be nice for the part runners to pay a little money to join us for part of the run, perhaps in the form of a collection bucket at each meet point. Again, no fixed amounts, just whatever is thought appropriate.

Mark / All what are your thoughts?
I think i can talk on behalf of the SCNM, last year we all sponsored MAX. Collection buckets arent a bad idea. but i think if u impose a minimum amount to join the run for a period of time you are going to get people not joining the run.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
scooperman_uk said:
I think i can talk on behalf of the SCNM, last year we all sponsored MAX. Collection buckets arent a bad idea. but i think if u impose a minimum amount to join the run for a period of time you are going to get people not joining the run.
SPONSORSHIP
I would like to keep things as simple as possible on this matter!!
so i think we should keep things the same as RGB 2004.
The nominated charity being Whizz-Kidd's, mainly to try and involve BMW / MINI again in some way and i feel its a good charity to help.
There is No minimum amount that needs to be raised by anyone and YES if any MINI2 clubs join us for part of the run then a contribution no matter how big or small would be gratefully received
Yorkie Blue

·
4,636 Posts
scooperman_uk said:
*SNIP* I think if u impose a minimum amount to join the run for a period of time you are going to get people not joining the run.
Exactly what I said. :)

OK, so I think we're all singing from the same hymn sheet here now. Once Mark receives the run info from Lawrence then I guess we can get that added to the first post.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.