MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO!

nervous and new......because i have a problem!

Bought my fantastic mini cooper three months ago with only one concern - that the original stereo head unit had been replaced with an after market face off stereo (Sony). other than that the car was perfect and original. It didn't bother me too much because i though (being fussy) that i could get hold of an original BMW mini Alpine unit and fit it back. I did that (on ebay), got the old unit out only to find a mass of wiring and what looked like adaptors. when all removed it was clear that the car had a round pin connection and the bmw mini alpine CD head unit i had bought had flat pins.....:confused:

so my question is - have a bought something that will not fit :angry:eek:r is there a conversion kit or adaptor i can buy? My car has the steering wheel controls for the stereo that worked with the after market sony that was fitted when i bought it - i would like these to work with the "new" alpine unit i have bought if possible.

anyones advice is welcome - internet searches have just added to the confusion!!:confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
HELLO!

nervous and new......because i have a problem!

Bought my fantastic mini cooper three months ago with only one concern - that the original stereo head unit had been replaced with an after market face off stereo (Sony). other than that the car was perfect and original. It didn't bother me too much because i though (being fussy) that i could get hold of an original BMW mini Alpine unit and fit it back. I did that (on ebay), got the old unit out only to find a mass of wiring and what looked like adaptors. when all removed it was clear that the car had a round pin connection and the bmw mini alpine CD head unit i had bought had flat pins.....:confused:

so my question is - have a bought something that will not fit :angry:eek:r is there a conversion kit or adaptor i can buy? My car has the steering wheel controls for the stereo that worked with the after market sony that was fitted when i bought it - i would like these to work with the "new" alpine unit i have bought if possible.

anyones advice is welcome - internet searches have just added to the confusion!!:confused:

Thanks
I'd give Mikey @ New Mini Stuff a call.

Its possible you have a boost stereo and your car originally had a wave stereo, either way if Mikey can't sort you out with an adaptor no one can!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts