MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry cant post the link yet.....but I am saving up for it!
I drive with RSR Motorsports in the states.
We have a 3 car Mini Cooper S team running in the Koni Challenge ST series.
Running against the Factory GM turbo snadbaggin Cobalts, Acura TSX, Honda Civic SI,Audi TT, VW GTI 2T, Subaru Legacy, BMW Z4 and 330i...and anything else.
All cars have specific modifications we can run and all events are between 2 1/2 to3 hours long with a 6 hour at the end of the year.
Cheers
BJ

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI
RSR Motorsports will be battling the rest of the Koni Challenge ST field this coming weekend at Watkins Glenn.
This ucoming event will be a combined GS (Grand Sports) and ST (Spoorts Touring) field with 78 total entries.
Should be a doozie!
I may be doing double duty between the Mini and a 997.
Cheers
BJZ

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congratulations on the pole position. Looks like you’re getting the MINI up to speed, but why didn’t you change to wets when you had a chance. Plans of mice and men etc… If it just hadn’t rained.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah....I wanted them.....badly!
trust me....i went off 2 times behind the pace car!
Grand Am originally told the teams (from what i hear) that we were going to stay yellow for 15 minutes and help dry some of the track off....then the next lap...they decided against that and went green.
We ended up turning the overall fastest lap of the race on lap 77 of 78.
When everyone started to pit for rains our other 2 cars were in the pits getting there 1st round of stops completed.....really bad timing.
This has been 3 races in a row that the Mini's in ST are showing what they can do.... we are getting closer...and the comp. is taking notice.
Well all except the sandbaggin truno Cobalts!
They really are sandbagging and we know it.

This RSR team has really been doing their homework and the boys should be proud.....sooner or later we are going to win one of these.......where gonna start winning a bunch of them!
or at least consistanly finishing well!!!
;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Don't worry!

Don't worry you'll probably win one this year. It's going to happen. ;) I think they will have to look at the weights again especially the Cobalt. Do you have any plans for the R56 and When's the next ST race?

Good luck
Stan

·
Beer Society President...
522 Posts
Hi Dwnshift,

Whats the Challenge like? I've been talking to a few of the teams about coming out for a ride in the GT class of Rolex, but the Challenge isn't something I've looked at too much, but only because it doesn't get that much coverage here.

Thanks.

Tim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tim and all.
Drop me a message and I will let you know.
Koni Challenge is a really good series and a better place to jump in before going into GT.
I wasnt able to run the Mini with RSR at Watkins Glen as I was in our (Wright Motorsports) Porsche 997 GS car during the same race.
Owen and the boys had a rough outting in the #196 car and got caught in a huge multi car incident that heavily damaged the 196.
I belive there is talks right now about RSR building at least 1 turbo car for 2009.
RSR is skipping the Iowa race and be back in action for the 3 Rivers race.
I will also be back with them for that race and hopefully with some new updates!
Attempting to install the GT1 ECUs with better mapping as the current ECUs have been falling back to OEM flashes.
Cars still running really really really rich...and hopefully we make a little better power....and fuel mileage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts