MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the RTP/NC area considering a new Mini owners get together? Sometime in the summer when we start getting decent delivery?

Go to the Meetings and Events board to discuss further.

And seeing as most of us are probably getting our cars from Flow, it would be good to keep in touch about availability and events.

Thanks

G

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm interested. I am on the list for a Cooper at the Richmond, VA dealership, since it is slightly closer from the east side of Raleigh. I'm wondering how many of us there will be, since there is no local dealer.

·
Spectator
1,563 Posts
Sign me up too. I'm in North Raleigh. On the list at Flow BMW for a Cooper S (way down towards the bottom :( )

Chip H.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replying guys. I know there are at least a few more people from NC floating around on the message boards here. Anyone else?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'd drive from Richmond for any events you guys might hold, it's not really that far away anyway!! Plus my folks live in Durham so I'd have a place to stay :D

·
Spectator
1,563 Posts
Perhaps when Flow gets their demo cars, we could convoy up there for test-drives.

Chip H.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like we might have to rename the owners club to the South East New Mini Owners club!!

Chip, I was hoping that Flow would be ready on the 22nd or thereabouts for some test drive action. Car pooling up there might not be a bad idea. I was thinking of taking the day off for that! I just read that a delaer in Chicago will be open on the 22nd but won't be open to the public until April in order to give the waitlisted customers a chance to drive. What a class act!

Anyone called Kelvin? I want to but don't want to bug him!

G

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know it's been awhile since this thread was first posted so I assume some of you have taken delivery. Is anyone still interested in getting together?

(I know you're out there. People who stop me to ask about my MINI say 'Oh I saw a ______ [fill in your color here] the other day.' I've only seen one myself so far, but I'm dying to get to know other MINI enthusiasts in our area.)

Other than a get-together, can anyone recommend some nice & twisty back roads? ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Saw your car yesterday, if it's the Silver Cooper with Black that was parked in Cary close to Lazy Days?

As far as I know, nobody on the thread has taken delivery but it seems like the next 4-6 weeks will see a lot more Mini's on the road in the Raleigh area. At least 3 from here and I know of one other.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yep, that one is mine. Only Silver and Black one I know of in this area. I've seen a Red and White one. I've heard tell of All Black, Dark Silver S, EB S, Blue Cooper, and (I think) BRG. Oh, and maybe more that one Yellow.

I guess these folks just haven't found MINI2, yet ;)

When do you get yours?

·
Spectator
1,563 Posts
I'm going to the SVRA (Sportscar Vintage Racing Association) race at VIR (on the NC-VA state line near Danville) on October 20th (or whatever that Saturday is). Anyone want to meet there? If we get enough people going, we might be able to arrange group parking.

Hopefully I'll have my MCS by then (build date is 6th September, add 4 weeks for transport, and it's in that timeframe).

Chip H.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well I'm a Raleigh owner and would love to get together with any Triangle MC owners. We should start a local club.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've had my red/white cooper since late April. I'm in Durham and commute to Raleigh for work. I've been seeing more and more MINIs lately. I don't think there are many colors I haven't seen around here, actually -- pepper white, velvet red.

I'd be interested in a get-together...

Kevin

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think I've counted seven color combinations so far in Raleigh. The other day there were two EB/White S models within about 50 yards of each other off Capital Blvd.

I make the commute through Raleigh every day, and would be interested in a local get-together as well.

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
chiph said:
AprilWhine - when is Euro2002? And where?

BTW, you can see more at www.virclub.com

Chip H.
Euro 2002

It's October 18 - 20, in Greenville SC. There is already a thread about who's going from MINI2. We have a northern caravan and a southern caravan meeting in SC. MCSGirl is making a list and checking it twice. Sounds like great fun!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts