MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Fun on 2 & 4 wheels!
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some rubber floor mats today for my MINI. They are quite pricey, £39 inc vat for all 4, but they are really good quality with the wing logo on them and they are much better than the velour mats at this time of year. I wonder if BMW will give me commission now if I get a few MINI2-ers to buy a set? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,722 Posts
Thats cheap!!!!!! Rubber mats for my Fiesta set me back £50 quid 8D 8D 8D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
On 06-11-2001 0:07 gazzaman28 wrote:
I bought some rubber floor mats today for my MINI. They are quite pricey, £39 inc vat for all 4, but they are really good quality with the wing logo on them and they are much better than the velour mats at this time of year. I wonder if BMW will give me commission now if I get a few MINI2-ers to buy a set? ;)
Did you get these from your dealer? If not where did you get them? I have moved into a new flat which is still a bit of a building site causing havoc to my interior!
 

·
Fun on 2 & 4 wheels!
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes they are available at MINI dealers. Mine took a day to order.

Fronts are BM51.47.0.010.575 at £21.28+vat
Rears are BM51.47.0.010.576 at £11.92+vat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
906 Posts
These rubber mats are really brill. They lift the interior into a bold designer icon. They are very thick, rubbery, and deeply sculpted. The original velour mats were passe' in comparison. We can't believe that these mats are so good....seriously! Get some, and the interior feels completely different to the original. The person who thought these up deserves a medal. They even smell good!

The fit is perfect to the milimetre, and they are 10 times easier to clean than the originals. The sound level in the car is quieter too.

As regulars to the Forum will know, I dont often give praise to MINI for getting it right. But this time its spot on! 10/10!:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Thanks for the part numbers.

I went in and asked my dealer to order the mats for me (third time of doing so), yet again he insisted they were not available...

Imagine the humble pie when I produced the part numbers and suggested he key them in to his PC.

Result = Mats now on order
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
546 Posts
...the lowest form of wit....?

Apial said:
These rubber mats are really brill. They lift the interior into a bold designer icon. They are very thick, rubbery, and deeply sculpted. The original velour mats were passe' in comparison. We can't believe that these mats are so good....seriously! Get some, and the interior feels completely different to the original. The person who thought these up deserves a medal. They even smell good!

The fit is perfect to the milimetre, and they are 10 times easier to clean than the originals. The sound level in the car is quieter too.

As regulars to the Forum will know, I dont often give praise to MINI for getting it right. But this time its spot on! 10/10!:cool:
But definitely the best post I've read so far!!!

A couple of things to try which may counteract the pull/drift syndrome:

1) all the mats in the Right Hand footwell
2) a mat jammed in the OS door glass to create drag on that side

Alternatively....wheel flaps ....on the o/s only?
 

·
Addicted to Speed!!
Joined
·
4,865 Posts
monsta said:
Any chance of those pics please ???? :confused: :confused: :)
Just bought some of those famous mats. I think they suit the car :D The patterns on them are the same design as the outside of the heater control knobs!!



 

·
Moderator & Sponsor
Joined
·
3,758 Posts
I never thought I say this about rubber floor mats.... but they really do look cool!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Nice keyring R1

R1,

Where did you get that keyring, it looks really cool!

My dealer gave me a weird oval one which doesn't really fit the key, I'd like to change it.

Alan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,722 Posts
well there's something else to add to my spec list:D :D :D :D
 

·
...where´s the any-key?
Joined
·
23,182 Posts
BruceK said:
I never thought I say this about rubber floor mats.... but they really do look cool!:D
I think I am alone but looking at the picture;I don't like them..

Maybe they look better in the flesh..

LMB:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Thanks to GazzaMan for those part No's - My dealer told me they were unavailable, and then - Hey Presto, they are arriving saturday:eek:
 

·
Addicted to Speed!!
Joined
·
4,865 Posts
Rubber mats

Be warned if you purchase these mats!! My wife now thinks I'm into S&M!!!!! :eek:
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top