MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cooper boy!
243 Posts
bmw mini do 'rubber mats' not sure if they look like that tho, they are definately an option tho yo can purchase from dealership, hope that helps...

Ian

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ianw12345 said:
bmw mini do 'rubber mats' not sure if they look like that tho, they are definately an option tho you can purchase from dealership, hope that helps...

Ian
Thanks Ian... I just found out that these are the OEM MINI rubber mats initially sold in the US (& still sold elsewhere(?)), but later replaced (2003) by a new design.

Does anyone know where/how I can get a set in the states? TIA

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
There is no new design rubber mats apart from different colours you can have them in now,but still the same pattern as of 3 weeks ago when we picked our Cabrio up.:confused:

dinger.:)

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
dinger said:
There is no new design rubber mats apart from different colours you can have them in now,but still the same pattern as of 3 weeks ago when we picked our Cabrio up.:confused:

dinger.:)
They are and have been a different pattern here in the States. I have an '02 S and mine are different. And yes they're real MINI mats. ;)

Sorry I don't have a pic though. But they don't have the beer can rings like those mats, they have lots of little bumps.
That may be where the confusion lies.

Edit:
Found a pic of someone's. Look just like mine. About that dirty too :eek:

I wonder if it's a RHD to LHD difference :confused:

Attachments

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
They appear to be thinner than the ones we have in the UK ......stange to have different rubber mat designs .:confused:

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
JFS, I got a set of the rubber mats in the picture you posted. They were from the Dealer's stock when I picked up my Cooper May 1st this year. Have not tried them yet, but they look like they'll do the business when the dreaded winter returns! I think they were around $90.
Let me know if you want the part # as they are in the sealed bag.
If not available from US dealers you could order from the closest Canadian dealer. :)

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
dinger said:
They appear to be thinner than the ones we have in the UK ......strange to have different rubber mat designs .:confused:
Appearance may be correct.
These are about 1/2" (12-13 mm ) in height. At a guess the material is 2-3 mm thick. Pretty beefy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MINNOW said:
JFS, I got a set of the rubber mats in the picture you posted. They were from the Dealer's stock when I picked up my Cooper May 1st this year. Have not tried them yet, but they look like they'll do the business when the dreaded winter returns! I think they were around $90.
Let me know if you want the part # as they are in the sealed bag.
If not available from US dealers you could order from the closest Canadian dealer. :)
MINNOW,

Thanks for the response, and I think I'll follow your advise... When you get a chance, please let me know what the part number is (I am interested in the black ones, in case it makes a diff).

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
The ones in JFS's orignal post are the standard ones we get here in the UK (and the only ones as far as I know) they are v thick in comparison to the usual rubber mats you can get I.E usually rubber mats are a bit cheap and nasty.
Not to sure about the ones in the second post though not seen them before - not to keen on them either

C

·
0 Posts
JFS said:
Does anyone know who makes these rubber mats? Where can I buy a new set?

Thanks in advance!
OEM MINI Rubber/winter mats. My dealer gave me a set...no charge

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
JFS : The MINI part # is 51 47 0 010 574. Yes they are black, quite thick, and rather funky looking. (in keeping with MINI style) I like 'em.
Look like they'll outlast the life of the car!
Ask your dealer, maybe they can source from MINI Canada - my dealer was happy to bring in items from MINI USA. (anything for a buck, natch) :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
firconel
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing