MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
RC sailplane flier
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the second time now, my trunk cover/back deck has started rubbing the rear wiper cover when I open and close the trunk/boot. The last time this happened I took it to the dealer and they applied foam insulating tape where the rubber pieces rest, but when that didn't fix it they cut into the trunk cover to create the clearance needed. This was not what I expected, so I asked them to replace the cover, which they did, and the new cover worked perfectly.

Now I am not sure whether what I am experiencing is common. We do not lean on the strings & balls that keep the cover suspended, but those are slack when the trunk is closed anyway. Is there an adjustment that I and the dealer are not aware of?

·
RC sailplane flier
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At my service yesterday (10k miles in one year) they used a heat gun to warp the back cover back into shape. They went a little far and I am not totally happy but will assume that the cover will sag again over time. I find that mine is also rattling quite badly and getting worse. I may also remove mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
fprintf
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing