MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
So Mini Derby don't even know which I find quite shocking!
All 4 of my Mini Cooper S tyres are the same. It was Mini approved nearly 2 years ago, so is near on 5 years old. Low mileage car (<18k) and there is a chance these are the original tyres I guess.
They are Dunlop Sportmaxx RT 205/45/17 88W extra load. They're super grippy and I love the way the car handles on these, so don't want to ruin that.
The problem is, I was told they're run flats on an MCS (?) but Mini can't be sure either. Nobody local seems to stock that tyre in RF, and mini want 147 per tyre and I have to travel over to them to get them.
Can anybody confirm for 100% definite what is standard on the MCS 2014 out of the factory? Are they (or should they be!) RF?
I can't see anything on the sidewall to suggest they are by the way, but I thought you had to have RF if you don't have a spare or tyre foam?

·
Registered
795 Posts
They should be run flats unless specified not to have run flats.

Unless the tyres were made specifically for that model of car, you should find replacements online to buy.

·
Registered
219 Posts
For runflats you should have on the sidewalls either - RFT or RSC
Another way to tell is to let all the air out of the tyres, if they go flat at the bottom they aren't runflats :)

Any other tyre place can get runflat tyres for you not just BMW, try tyresonthedrive. co.uk as they do some great deals and come out to you to fit them

Not all Minis come out of the factory with the same tyres which is why your dealer wont know, factories have different brands so 2 cars built the same day may have different brands fitted

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi thommo, as already said, you can find markings on the tyre that will identify them as runflat (ours actually say 'runflat'!)
It's highly likely your 2014 F56 MCS came with runflats - this was (is) standard configuration for the model.
You can fit either, the choice is yours, so if you love the Dunlops, go for that. Just know that if they aren't RF then you'll need a can of tyreweld to get you home (duh!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts