MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DrJ
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Toyo Proxes T1-R's on at last. Going to give them a few miles before trying their adhesion qualities but the ride is so much more comfortable already it's worth the change just for that.

A word of caution. All 4 rims damaged during run flat removal despite using a fitter who does the local BMW dealers tires and has all the kit. His machine is insured for any rim damage caused so they will be fixed but it's a pain the the backside all the same. :mad:

·
See you in my rear view!!
901 Posts
Great about the tyres....thinking of going for them myself now after your positive feed back but annoying about the damaged rims!!!

That is the main thing that worries me!! Do you think dealers would change tyres for me??

Also, are these Toyo's the "re-enforced" type? I saw on a tyre website that the T1-R's are re-enforced? What does this mean??

Any pics of new tyres Doc?

·
DrJ
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're not reinforced in any way. I am under the impression they are the next generation of the Proxes T1-S.

Main difference from the runflats apart from comfort is the feel. Far better feedback through the wheel. Looking forward to getting them out on a track next year :D .

My local Mini/BMW dealer will fit any tire you take for £20 each one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.