MINI Cooper Forum banner

Runflats: Where's the best place to go in Brisbane?!

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  85NIXMIN 
#1 ·
Well its coming that time again... New tyre time! I dunno what I'm gonna do.... stick with the runflats and the Goodyear NCT5's or go with something completely different?

What's everyone else's MINI's rolling on? And where do you go in Brisbane without it being a MINI dealer as they quoted me $425 a tyre for the Goodyear NCT5's and know that I can get them for about $350 at Goodyear down the road....:black:

Thanks in advance for your replies :)

#7 ·
definetly ditch the runflats nicole, could save your life wit the xtra grip oneday ;) aswell as the pocket

#10 ·
Best thing I ever did on the mini was dump the runflats. Utterly transformed the car. Went from a positively dangerous lack of damp grip and a nasty juddering ride to having stacks of grip and a firm sporty ride but without the skittishness. The ride issue was a bit of a bonus really, it helps on long drives that's for sure.

#11 ·
Ditch the runflats and the ride will improve so much better.

I pay over a $100 a year to be in RACQ so dont need runflats. A friend of mine works for a tyre place and does really good deals if you mention you know me. He is on Brisbane Northside so ring Rod on 0417 620 877

#12 ·
Thanks guys...
I ended up going to Bob Jane and stuck with the Runflats... I'm not with RACQ so being stuck on the side of the road at night would be a little scary without the thought of runflats. I ended up going with Bridgestone's this time as they were cheaper than the Goodyear's and I had read up that they seemed like a pretty good tyre... So here's hoping they last a little longer than the Goodyears! :)

I can't believe the difference they make, such a smoother and quieter ride to which I have been used to of late....

#13 ·
$15 air compressor + $10 tyre punture repair kit + $20 dolphin torch + $5 can of Fini leak, and your all set for a puncture

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.