MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI just got a checkmate with runflats on .has any one used the tyer insurance from mini cherishe .Not sure how much it costs

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
If you've got a checkmate, you'll probably have the Pirelli [email protected] runflats - word to the wise, watch out in the wet, they're not good :( Ditched mine after 1k miles for conventional non-runflat tyres ;)

Regarding the insurance, it depends on how much you drive. Obviously runflats are costly to replace versus a conventional tyre, but if you only ever drive in rural areas, the chances of getting a nail in one are remote, so the insurance wouldn't be worth it :p

If however you work in town, near a screw factory, then go for it ;)

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Yep, actually the new Dunlop Sport 01s are very good..... borrowed an R56 S Clubman for the Cotswolds run last month (18" JCW alloys with Dunlop 01s) and they were very good :cool:

As far as I'm aware though, all UK Checkmates (with the 17" flame spoke alloys) had the Pirelli [email protected] fiited from the factory, I'd even go as far to say they're dangerous in the wet!

·
Noob
247 Posts
^^ what he said the pirellis are nasty things if you want to keep run-flats then the new Dunlop's and bridgestones are much better
I changed from the Dunlops to the Bridgestones RE050A's and they are AMAZING. Feels so much better in both wet and dry conditions and even steering feel is much easier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts