MINI Cooper Forum banner

81 - 100 of 317 Posts

·
Back from the dead!
55,481 Posts
I am shocked and saddened to hear this terrible news :(

Ruthie was a beautiful person and the world will be a poorer place without her. I've had many a happy time on here chatting with her and I wished I had had the pleasure of meeting her in person.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this this terribly difficult time. I will light a candle for Ruthie today.

Give Pookie and Herb a cuddle from me, they will miss their Mom too.

Love

Jenny xxx

·
RedUn's Manicurist ;-þ
16,095 Posts
Milo,

I'm so sorry and shocked to hear your mom passed away. Ruthie was well known and friends to so many of us here. She often spoke of you and how proud she was. We recently chatted privately about a month ago and as always, she was so kind.

I'm so sorry.:( She is already deeply missed.

My husband, daughter and I hope you and the rest of your family find comfort and send our love.

·
SCNM misfit
3,304 Posts
my thoughts are with you at this sad time :( Ruthie was much loved on here and will be sadly missed......she touched many people and put a smile on their face. may she rest in peace and may you and your family gain some comfort from these postings.

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
I cant add anyomore - I am so shocked. The blood has drained from my body.

Milo, your mum was soooo special and so very proud of you.

Ruthie, if you have logged on in heaven - I will love you forever - you touched my heart and life in such a special way - just get the eggs benedict ready for me and one day we can share happy times together again.

Paul :(

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
I shed a tear for you Milo. She will be truly missed and was a great friend to me during my time as a member here. She would often send me messages of encouragement, kindness and support, she talked of you frequently and I knew you were the one thing she loved more than her MINI.

I wish you and your family all the best.

Todd, Geelong, Victoria, Australia.

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
1,150 Posts
What can I say that hasn't already been said , I was fortunate to meet Ruthie on 2 occasions , one this side of the Atlantic when she took the trouble and time to Join us in Ireland for one of our MTM Mini runs and until then We only knew Her from the posts here on MINI2 but over that Weekend in May 04 We got to know a wonderful and kind person that was to figure in a big MINI adventure We undertook in Sept / Oct 06 in California , that run was made easier for us by the organizational skills of Ruthie who found rooms in hotels that had none available and sorted tickets for Alcatraz tours etc , I will always remember the shock when We heard the terrible news last evening and the stunned silence and disbelief when I broke the sad news to a room full of Mini enthusiasts at the Miniclub of Ireland dinner in Cork , many people feel as they had lost a long time friend even though they only knew Ruthie 'online ' .another co-incidence or perhaps not was that 'Quack Quack Jack' the Duck on the World tour in memory of MaxaMini was with us last night Ruthie sending Him on his way to Europe in honour of MaxaMini when We were leaving California . the Mini ' world ' is Today a poorer place without Ruthie . Rest in Peace .
Gerard

·
Big girl's blouse
4,783 Posts
Milo, I was so shocked and saddened to hear this terrible news. It still hasn't really sunk in. I had the privilege of going to California to meet your mum in September. We had such a wonderful time with her, chatting and talking, and at one point telling her most salacious gossip we could think of to distract her from thinking about how high up we were!

You should have seen how she lit up when she talked about you, she was so proud! I hope I get to meet you someday, Milo.

Ruth was coming to visit us in March, Angela and I were so looking forward to it.

I love you Ruthie.
A light has gone out.

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
I'm shocked too :(

Ruthie was a pillar of MINI2 of the international MINI community - she was one in a million. :)

Denise and I arrived at the dinner for MINI Club of Ireland last night, with Quack Quack Jack under my arm, ready to introduce him to the Irish crew, in memory of Ed, another dearly departed stalwart, only to be met by Sham and Speeeed who told us the sad news. As Gerard said, it was ironic that QQJ was on hand with a group of MINI folk when the news broke.

I had the pleasure of collecting Ruthie from Shannon Airport in late April 2004 when she came over to do Mizen to Malin here - she was a lovely woman, glowing with goodness, and she made everyone smile. Again, we had the pleasure of spending time with her on California Dreamin' in September this year , and I remember her shepherding us together for a picture in San Diego, making us all behave. :)

She was a lovely woman, and I can only wish that she rests in peace now.

81 - 100 of 317 Posts
About this Discussion
316 Replies
189 Participants
Cooper i Do
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing