MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the numbers I have been hearing the S will be harder to get then the M3. With the 25% ratio of 20000 cars, that is 5000 S's a year. In the U.S. we have 350 BMW dealers tht get 3 M3's a month. Thats 12600 cars.:rolleyes:

·
MINI2 Sponsor & Moderator
181 Posts
As much as I would love a Cooper S...$45k would definitely pry it from my hands....then I'd buy two!!! One fro driving and one striper for racing SCCA!!!

-Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
$45,000 USD worth of fun in a $20,000 USD car? That sounds good to me. I'll keep the S when I finally get my hands on it, thank you.

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
Hi
It may be the case in the US, but in the UK most dealers dont even get 1 M3 a month, the estimate for the cooper s is 2-3 a month.
I am a very lucky boy as I have my name on the list for both a cooper S and an M3 coupe. I will not see my M3 until July 2003, hopefully my s will be with me by christmas.

Neil

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
washy said:
Hi
I am a very lucky boy as I have my name on the list for both a cooper S and an M3 coupe. I will not see my M3 until July 2003, hopefully my s will be with me by christmas.
Neil
same situation as you washy, but my allocation for the M3 is due in March with hopes that the Cooper S will arrive by late summer or early fall! I can only afford one car and owning the Cooper S will be better for me financially given the turn of events :( but not that I mind owning a Cooper S! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts