• Aiden, who's got litres & litres in the drive,

Votes: 84 26.3%
  • Cat Eating Rakey - he who spec's best at the pub

Votes: 23 7.2%
  • ABG , who has Mod Mania ! and Porsche fever :eek:

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • MartinL, back in a MINI, still the official beanie-type

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Mo who's binning his Works and going even more elitist with a Cooper S LE :p

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • jimskater, who got married & is on his way back to Blighty

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • puck, who's pullied, painted, and wants a new job ! :D

• Shane, who's years too late.... and gone far, far away ;)

• mad brummie, who ate all of his alphabet soup and was left with a Zed

Votes: 30 9.4%
  • ONED, the diesel loving, Annie beating handyman ! :D

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • lavs, who needs to start Speccin' something soon

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • pappillon , who looks very good in all black ;)

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • CooperID who wants some big stoppers ! :D

• Wobert, who needs to do some last-minute Speccin.....:p

• Goonery, who is busy with very complicated recipies...

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Ruthie, who is constantly smiling whilst driving her Lippy Red S ! :cool: ;)

Votes: 21 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
79101 - 79120 of 79120 Posts

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
What did you go for in the end?
Claud Butler Stoneriver, got it from the local bike shop, got him to reduce his price, and chuck some freebies and a future service and to do the set up, so worked out a better deal than the web in the end. I always prefer to use local independent traders if I can, and something like this is something that might need to be taken back in future so thought it was a wise move:)

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #79,109

·
6X therapist
13,907 Posts
Just thought you all should know

GP0205 aka Jaws II has been sold and left for a new home today.

After almost 3 years of wonderful experiences all over the UK it finally became time to bite the bullet and sell. We're both more than a little upset to see him go but with MOT and big bills looming for tyres and brakes it seemed right in these financially troubled times to make a brave decision.

On the plus side, I've got one of these from "competitor evaluation" fleet for a week.

It's a really funky little car, not anything like a MINI in terms of handling or driving pleasure but its nippy enough , is fairly refined and does a decent 51mpg.

and then this arrives in a few days time. It'll keep us MINI until the model line up changes are ready. :)

Attachments

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts

After almost 3 years of wonderful experiences all over the UK it finally became time to bite the bullet and sell. We're both more than a little upset to see him go but with MOT and big bills looming for tyres and brakes it seemed right in these financially troubled times to make a brave decision.

On the plus side, I've got one of these from "competitor evaluation" fleet for a week.

It's a really funky little car, not anything like a MINI in terms of handling or driving pleasure but its nippy enough , is fairly refined and does a decent 51mpg.

and then this arrives in a few days time. It'll keep us MINI until the model line up changes are ready. :)
It is sad to let them go:(.
I love my 135i, but I still hanker after another MINI.....and this will be rectified when things pick up a bit:D So may start a speccin' thread elsewhere in the not to distant future;)

I am a little disappointed as my mate had an Abarth on order and was sooo looking forward to having a go in that, but he has decided to cancel and get something else instead.

·
MINI defector
13,698 Posts
I'd have expected it to be MartinL too that posted something like that:( lol
Sorry mate, I'm a bit late to this party :p

Feckin' MINI dealer didn't reset the service indicator. Got in the car last night and it said it wanted a service :rolleyes:
At least it'll go back soon when my replacement rims come in. They can sort out the service indicator then.

TT is a year old tomorrow :)
Had it's share of problems, but at least all rectified quickly and efficiently with minimum fuss by my dealers.
Latest one is that I had a diesel tank fitted to my car.... :rolleyes:
Had to get that swapped out and lost 5 litres capacity in the swap :(

Aiden hope yours is OK.

·
Don Vito
17,160 Posts

:(

But liking the toys you/'ll have to play with ;)

·
Banned
50,323 Posts

Gutted mate, never thought I'd see you get rid of the GP:eek:

79101 - 79120 of 79120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.