MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to buy some 17" S Spoke alloys from my dealer, they have the wheel rims in stock but they are telling me that the Pirelli Tyres are not available at the mo - apparently Pirelli don't want to release the tyres until the S comes out. So how come loads of people already have S Spokes? Those of you with S Spoke alloys, do you have Pirelli tyres or a different make??

·
Registered
213 Posts
A few weeks ago I spoke to a tyre dealer regarding the availability of the Pirelli [email protected] tyres for the 17" wheels.

They haven't been released onto the retail market as yet, but if a MINI owner needs a new tyre they can arrange for one through their dealer or their Pirelli stockist. Need to prove it is for a MINI. Cost approx £150 per tyre.

Hope this helps.

Garry

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
MINIAC said:
Are Dunlop SP Sport 9000 DSST tires available?
Originally posted by AV51HCC

don't know, why is that what u r using?
No MINIs here in the US until the end of the month :(

Those are a Dunlop run flat and I thought they might be available in 205/45-17 size in the UK.

·
Registered
374 Posts
£150 a tyre :eek: :eek:
Why are people so surprised about the cost of tyres? The 17" wheels are a £780 option, and surprise surprise, not all of this is for the wheels.

The second car I owned was a Fiesta Supersport. It was one of the first cars with 60 profile tyres - 185/60-13 Pirelli P6s. These were almost £100 each 20 years ago! In real terms, tyres are much cheaper now than they used to be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts