MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 07 clubman there is an option in the menu of the Boost radio called S-VOL that can be set from -5 to +5 I think. Changing it seems to make no difference to anything whatsoever.

The only thing that I can think of is that some models are fitted with an additional subwoofer somewhere and it is used to control the output of that. Is that correct? If so can the sub be retro fitted into a clubman?

·
BMW CC MINI Register
100 Posts
I believe it's the setting for the speed related volume, it alters how loud the volume increases with road speed.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ian, I really don't think that the S-VOL setting controls the speed related volume adjustment. I have tried it at each extreeme of the + and - setting and it appears to make absolutely no difference to the speed related volume :puzzled:

Unless I am going deaf?

There was also a post somewhere about a hidden maintenance menu in the radio that does contain an adjustment for the speed related volume function. Am going off to find the post and see if it really does exist.

Alix

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think Ian is correct, the S-VOL is to adjust how much if any the volume increases with speed.

·
BMW CC MINI Register
100 Posts
Ian, I really don't think that the S-VOL setting controls the speed related volume adjustment. I have tried it at each extreeme of the + and - setting and it appears to make absolutely no difference to the speed related volume :puzzled:

Unless I am going deaf?

There was also a post somewhere about a hidden maintenance menu in the radio that does contain an adjustment for the speed related volume function. Am going off to find the post and see if it really does exist.

Alix
S-VOL is the speed related volume adjustment it's in the manual ! & yes I have changed it & it does work on mine !

Ian

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hmmm, I'll try again tonight to see if I can hear any difference.

Yup your correct. After some careful listening and driving at different speeds it does adjust the speed sensitive volume as you say. For info the GAL option in the radio maintenance menu does exactly the same thing.

Alix

1 - 7 of 7 Posts