MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I unfortunately have just been informed that Mick sadly passed away at 7.30pm this evening, it was peaceful and he was in no pain.

I am in contact with his family who have asked for time and space to deal with this news.

I will post details of the funeral arrangements when they are know.

Mick - You were a total total legend and like a second Dad to me, I will never forget the impact you have had on my life.

GP Mick - Taken from us far to early, but NEVER EVER forgotten.

Deano

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have just spoken to Mick's wife Jenny, and as soon as the funeral arrangements are sorted I will let you all know.

Jenny said Mick was not in pain when he died and that he wouldn't want us to be sad about his passing but to celebrate his life and our shared love for MINIs.

I still can't quite believe it

·
Is over to the dark side
515 Posts
Oh my....this is terrible news. I never met Mick but he was hugely helpful when i purchased my GP.

I don't want to pry into what happened but am naturally shocked.

I wish his family all the best in what must be a terribly difficult time.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
OMG I am shocked and saddened. The world has lost another of its legends.

Thanks for your info Dean - I always felt Mick's passion for the MINI scene even though I never had the priviledge to meet him myself in person.

it is indeed a sad day. RIP Mick.....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Very sad news indeed, Mick was so energetic and he brightened up any room, meet or conversation! He was always happy to share information and he had a very open and refressing atitude to the Mini/ MINI's scene. Thanks for the memories of blasting through South Wales and around Silverstone circuit at Mini 50.

Our thoughts go out to Jenny and family at this difficult time, Hugh and Emma

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
Yet another fabulous MINI owner stolen from us, joining the long list with MaxaMINI, Ruthie ... well at least perhaps GP Mick will now get a chance to meet those other folks.
Wish I'd met GP Mick; but at least I knew him a little.

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
I only spoke with him a few times but he seemed like a great fellow, he will be missed. My condolences to the family and friends of GP Mick, Another sad day in the MINI community.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just heard about this very sad news I met him on a few occasions what a great fella he was. What a sad loss this news is RIP mick, my thoughts go to his family must be such a hard tiime for them.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
RIP Mick............you were truly an example to us all, encouraging others to take part and join in at Mini events and raising the profile of the MINI in general and the GP in particular at shows, with your very professional organisation and eye for detail.

I am sure Mick would want us to continue and carry on where he left off wherever we can to take the MINI scene and his legacy to it forward.

Sadly the classic Mini scene has also lost a couple of leading members in very similar sad circumstances recently. All will be missed but never forgotten.

·
Registered
101 Posts
not been on this forum for a while absolutly shocked by the news may I send my sincere condolences to his family and friends. he will cetainly be remebered for what he organised at Silverstone last year.

Attachments

·
GP 1541
29 Posts
ah man that's terrible news - I sold my GP back in March yet still felt the urge to check in the the forum to catch up with folks I'd met last year at Silverstone etc.

Absolutely gutted. :(

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Just heard through another source. Dealt with Mick on many occasions with the limited glass model run that I ran for the GP some years ago. My condolances to his family and friends.

Message for Mick, on the Mini2Heaven forum. Hope you've hooked up with our other sadly departed Mini friends mate, and I hope heaven has twisty roads and Minis. RIP mate.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
21 Participants
Fabio
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing