MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MINI Groupie
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last, I've ordered my MCS! After many months and much research I went with Sandia Mini. Why? Because they are the closest dealer to me that sells for MSRP and have a fairly short wait period. I live in Southern Oregon and as everyone knows the wait in Oregon is forever. Okay, it's more like a year wait but it would feel like forever!

While playing with the dealer map on miniusa this week I noticed a new dealer in NM that didn't have any information except name and address. I thought, hmmmm, and called directory assistance. I gave Sandia BMW a call and got to talk to Kenny Tutor.

Seems the Mini dealership building won't be completed until the end of Nov but Kenny has cars delivering in Nov and Dec that he is currently selling "off the lot". Sandia is selling for MSRP and $69 in documentation charges. Yes, $69. It seems the owner has always kept his document charge the same. The down payment is steep, $2,000. My order goes in his November allocation and hopefully will arrive around the end of January.

Kenny is a very nice fellow and has been very helpful to deal with. Even without having a showroom yet!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks for the info. on Sandia MINI!

I've been thinking about ordering an S out of state for quite a while.
New Mexico is a alot closer than South Carolina! Not to mention a great state
to drive in.

Keep us posted on your order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Need a driver back to Oregon?

Hi, I'm waiting to get my mini convertible as soon as Sandia opens the end of November. Willing to drive yours back to Oregon... :)

·
No Steenkin Preevileeg
664 Posts
Thank God for Sandia MINI. Maybe the Denver dealership's service wait times won't be so long now, what with New Mexicans having their own dealership. Viva Sandia! Jimbo

·
MINI Groupie
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wait is almost over for the newest MINI dealership. The dealership papers are in the final signature process and building is nearing completion. Sandia will be "real" early next week and the facility finished and open around the first full week of December. Next week the two Motoring Advisors start and learn all about their new jobs.

This is great news for us West Coast folk because Sandia sells for MSRP and practically charges nothing for documentation ($69) unlike many other dealers. I've been dealing with the Finance Director for Sandia BMW, Kenny, who has got to be one BUSY man and he's been super to work with. Don't know how he gets any work done since he must spend all his time returning calls to MINI clients! :D

Hey hrrk2 thanks for the offer of driving. We will be flying in and driving home. I've never been to New Mexico or Arizona so I'm looking forward to the scenery from the front seat of my brand spanking new MCS. Congrats on your convertible, it won't be long now!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks to Ryan (Service) and Andrew (Parts).

When I purchased my adopted MINI, it only had one key. According to BMW’s policy, one must have a title (registration) to get a new key. After getting the paperwork (finally), I faxed the info to Andrew in parts. He said he would call when they came in. Next day. In order to have them programmed, he said that service would try to “work me in” when I picked up the keys.

We drove down today, to Sandia, and the keys were there. Ryan (service) said no problem. It was suggested that I need to have my 9,000 mile oil change scheduled-they were running about two weeks for appointments. I also wanted to have my day running lights programmed (to keep trucks from pulling out in front of me) and they would do it “no charge” as part of the “half-hour” charges. About an hour and a half later (we expected to wait) the tech came out and asked if we wanted the 10,000 mile service at the same time. It would save us another 90 mile round trip in two weeks, so yea.

Long story short, everything took 2.5 hours. Got a tour from the service manager of the shop (brick paver floor) and the story behind the 3 suspended MINI’s. Andrew, back in parts, helped me with the fog light kit, and Ryan told me how they could be wired. All as my wife sat in front of the fireplace reading current magazines, with good coffee.

All in all it was a very pleasant experience. Interestingly enough, the other four clients in for service were over 50, as was I (so much for MINI’s marketing scheme in New Mexico, the demographics must be different).

I also noticed that if they did not have an answer, they researched and got the correct one (possibly from this forum?). Over the years, a good experience after we have purchased Camaros, RX-7, Jaguar XJS, Porsche, GMC truck (still have), and a couple of Jeeps (to name a few). The former dealerships just do not compare to our Sandia service experience. And our MINI was not purchased there and they treated us very well.

I recommend them, highly. Enthusiastic, with a calm professionalism.

I noticed on the way home on I-25 that going down hill I was getting over 50 mpg at 76 mph. Going up La Bajada hill I still had an inch on the gas pedal going 75 in fifth. Overall, I got over 37 mpg. They must have upgraded the Eprom. Now when I get the cold air intake on and the Borla exhaust…

I’ll motor on. With confidence. The 10% discount, by joining the MINI club, won’t hurt either.

highdesert

·
MINI Groupie
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Highdesert! While you were in the service department, my MCS was being picked up at the showroom! BTW we are in our 40's for your informal demographic survey :p

My partner flew down and picked up "Electra" on the 17th. He was very impressed by Jon Miller the Motoring Adviser who took over my order. Jon spent an hour and a half going over the car and answering questions. My partner said to make sure we recognized his helpfulness and good attitude. (That is a high compliment from someone who was not initially captivated by the MINI experience. It took a test drive to make him see the light!) Thank you for your help Jon!

I ordered and worked with Kenny Tutor for most of the deal. Kenny is a some kind of super being! He is an incredible employee and I hope Sandia recognizes his worth. Always ready with a hey how are you. You never had the impression that he was rushed on the phone and this man was "rushed" with the getting the new building up, training staff and keeping the whole thing moving forward. I appreciate good customer service because it is all too rare these days. Kenny, my hats off to you and thank you so much for for your unflagging politeness and work ethic.

Kenny told me once that they "do right by the customer" and I have to say that I believe him! We had a very satisfying experience with Sandia MINI and I wholeheartedly recommend their dealership.

Now, if only my partner would get my CAR HOME! He's stopped by friends on the way back up here to Oregon and will be home tomorrow. I've been a MINI owner for three days and I haven't even seen my car yet!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
it great to hear so many good things! My experience there has been great too-- just another month till I pick mine up! How long did the other Sandia Minis take from production to delivery
?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Sandia Service Department

Chad and Ryan and definitely great guys. I really appreciate their helpful attitude. Now if only I could get them to actually drive the cars after they've been serviced to make sure everything was done as promised, it would be truly wonderful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts