MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
We will be taking our GT Tuning modified MCS to Santa Pod on 5/9/04 for its debut standing start quarter mile testing. It is a public day so anyone can (& should) drive their Mini there & have a go .You wont crash blow up or look a pillock, plus your timing tickets tells all.Turn up with driving licence pay a total of £25 & have as many goes as you like.
If anyone is interested post here or organise a run (Max, SCNM? etc) If more than 20
Minis compete we will give a small prize for 'driver of the day' If anyone wants any help on driving we are happy to help. So much more fun and informative than a rolling road day! :) Regards Roland GT Tuning.

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Guys,
Firconel Only open top cars & cars with an estimated terminal speed in excess of 100mph need to wear helmets .Very quick MCS's will be doing 95-102mph I will bring a couple of helmets though just in case .I'm pretty sure you wont be asked to wear it even at 102mph. We are looking to achieve [email protected] no head work,pump fuel,road tyres,non nitrous,no excessive weight loss.
I think the quickest road legal non nitrous at the moment is a guy acroos the pond with 13.9
I would like to see a lot more of us guys having a crack at it , the US guys are making us look like a bunch of polishing wusses

·
Registered
549 Posts
roland2003 said:
Hi Guys,
Firconel Only open top cars & cars with an estimated terminal speed in excess of 100mph need to wear helmets .Very quick MCS's will be doing 95-102mph I will bring a couple of helmets though just in case .I'm pretty sure you wont be asked to wear it even at 102mph. We are looking to achieve [email protected] no head work,pump fuel,road tyres,non nitrous,no excessive weight loss.
I think the quickest road legal non nitrous at the moment is a guy acroos the pond with 13.9
I would like to see a lot more of us guys having a crack at it , the US guys are making us look like a bunch of polishing wusses
Well polishing actually helps reduce wind resistance, so should make you slip through the air faster, which further reduces your times. The strip local to me insists on approved helmets for run what ya brung meets.

The US guys that take their dragging seriously, don't worry about TLC or/and warranty on their cars either, so modding to extremes seems quite normal. I think you might find that as warranties run out here, people will get working on more radical mods. I think a stripped out 'S' with the right mods and gearing would do sub 12 fairly easily.:cool:

But MINI's are not really straight line cars IMO, they excel on twisty roads and bends so rallying might be the biggest area of sucess.

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,Yes polishing does help you go faster down the strip, but only if actually go down the strip.
Warranty wise who is even going to know youve been down the strip?
Sub 12 on (ie 11.9) would need to lose 300kg and produce about 500bhp and on slicks terminal speed 115-130mph.
Personally like you I prefer track driving,but drag racing is easier,&avery good way to prove the real world sraight line performance of your mini with almost no risk. Regards Roland GTT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
roland2003
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing