MINI Cooper Forum banner

Sat Nav Reset

18K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Rakey 
#1 ·
Does the sat nav system have a reset, something like CTRL + ALT + DEL for the PC? On some journeys mine sticks on the "please wait..." display.

#4 ·
Explicit warning

StevePSB said:
It does, but it's not that easy... Disconnect both battery leads and hold them together for a few seconds. Cures the problem where the MINI logo doesn't appear on opening the door for sure.

this a solution ( i did it twice), but because I got startup problems with the nav screen since this afternoon, (takes about 45 secs before a screen comes up and no Mini logo), I visited my dealer. He explicitly warned me not to take above action as is could be harmful for the electronic circuit of your car. (has to do with charged condensators etc. )

So please apply above on YOUR OWN RISK

#6 ·
why would they charge you £65 to do it? Surely your car is covered by the 5 year warranty like everyone elses? And this is a fault?

Weird dealer you have there:confused:

I did the reset myself a couple of times, but after having done it twice and the car being alright for a few months it started happening again, so it went in to the dealers and the Nav was found to need a new control box, been ok ever since, starts all correctly and doesn't drain the battery anymore:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.