MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my wife a 2005 mini Cooper s Convertible with sat nav. She's chuffed to beans with it. Infact she's out in it now lol.

It all seems to work great other than the screen seems to be really dim. I went into the settings menu and turned the brightness up all the way but it's still very dim. I can hardly see it when it's on if there's any sun at all. Can see it just OK if the roof is up and it's not too bright in the car but you really have to look to be able to see the map.

Also, I very much doubt it's related but I was driving the car back home from collecting it today (about 100 miles) and 3 times during the trip the stereo turned it's self off completely.

Are either of the above 2 issues known problems? Are there any fixes? Especially the screen dim issue.

Thanks in advance for any help people can offer

Huw.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody got any ideas at all why the screen would be so dim? Weirdly it's easier to see in direct sunlight than it is when it's in the shade a little. Is there some kind of brightness sensor that fails on these things?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi I know this is an old one but did you or anyone else have a an answer to this as I have the same issue with mine.
Thanks Ashley

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Hi I know this is an old one but did you or anyone else have a an answer to this as I have the same issue with mine.
Thanks Ashley
The screen has a light sensor, however it is very slow to react to changes, in my R52 when I drop the roof and let more light in the screen stays dark for a long time before it adjusts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok cool but from what I can see is that my screen is constantly dim like there's no backlight. Is it something that can be repaired or is it a case of buying a new/second hand whole unit do you guys think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts