MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a scanguage for my Mini One and set it up on the car fine and all seemed fine. I entered in the correct tank size and engine size etc and chose my guages to be displayed. I bought the scanguage mainly to keep an eye on my mpg etc, but still to see various other things my car was doing. Anyway, one thing which annoyed me slightly was the fact that AVERAGE MPG cannot be displayed as a guage, only in TRIP information, you can just view real-time MPG. Also, on the same note, my real-time and average MPG hasn't risen above around 18 I think - and that was on the motorway at 60mph! Most of the time trotting around town it only reads about 15-17mpg! I'm not sure whether I have set up the scanguage improperly, have a faulty scanguage, or my engine is running rediculously bad, I always thought my mini was a bit fuel-hungry only managing around 330 miles to a tank at a push but this is rediculous and can't be correct. The engine itself runs sweet as a nut and I recently installed a Bluefin, which is sopposed to give you slightly better fuel consumption when driven economically. Can someone please help me out this is driving me mad. :frown:

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
What UNITS are you using ... MILES + GALLONS or KM + LITERS?

What Tank Size have you specified?

Did you calibrate the Scangauge via the FILLUP function as described on pages 18-19 of the User Manual?

Attachments

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have set up the TANK information properly. I have units in Miles + Gallons and have set TANK SIZE to 10 GALLONS (45 litres) :/

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
The MINI One Technical Specifications posted by Paul indicate a Tank Capacity of 50 liters.

I believe the Scangauge MPG calculations are done using US gallons so you'll have to multiply by 1.2 to get UK gallons.

Did you do the calibration as described in the User Manual?

·
thewhitestuff
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I've got to fill the tank, use fillup > done, wait until i've got 1/4 tank left, and refill the tank, use fillup > done again to get it working. That is the dumbest thing I've ever come accross. Why can't it just be plugged in a read correct MPG. Stupid bloody americans. So all the gallons readings are US gallons, so every time it gives a MPG reading i have to multiply that figure but 1.2? Is there no UK software i can use for it or something, jeez

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
So I've got to fill the tank, use fillup > done, wait until i've got 1/4 tank left, and refill the tank, use fillup > done again to get it working.
Not quite ... on the second fillup you may need to adjust the number of gallons to the amount the fuel pump shows was added to fill up the tank.

I'd email Scangauge to find out if there's some XGauge function for computing miles per imperial gallon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts