MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and counting down. Well not actually counting down as I only know in general that it's supposed to arrive in November sometime. Still I ordered it 3 Saturdays ago so I'm starting to get a wee bit anxious.

Very interesting to read some of the posts here and at the general site. The Zipper roof decal post was great. It's also good to hear of some of the problems and solutions. I'm not surprised to hear of some problems as with over a half a million MINI's sold there are bound to be some lemons and most folks with no problems won't be posting.

Keep up the great work. It's fun and informative. Just can't wait to take my baby out for a spin. A test drive in someone elses MINI just doesn't do it. Plenty of winding two lane blacktop here in Maine with lots of hills and sharp turns. Looks like next summer will be a real hoot.

Lots of pictures in the future.

·
Registered
22 Posts
me too

I too am from maine and have ordered a chilli red/white cooper for delivery in late november. I order fron Herb Chambers. Where did you get yours?

I am getting a bit stir crazy waiting. I am as excited as when i got my first car at 16. Never got really excited about a car since then until now. Hope it lives up to my expectations.

Any way, we're from Yarmouth. Hope you enjoy your new cooper. Have you named it yet? :D

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got mine from...

jvmckenzie said:
I too am from maine and have ordered a chilli red/white cooper for delivery in late november. I order fron Herb Chambers. Where did you get yours?

I am getting a bit stir crazy waiting. I am as excited as when i got my first car at 16. Never got really excited about a car since then until now. Hope it lives up to my expectations.

Any way, we're from Yarmouth. Hope you enjoy your new cooper. Have you named it yet? :D
MINI of Peabody. So far they've been great.

Not sure of a name yet. Maybe Moytul. :)

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Paul...

Paul Mullett said:
Hello new (quite new and brand new!) people, glad you're enjoying the site, and the wait for your MINIs is nearly over too.... The last few weeks are the hardest, but hang in there and it's all worth while.

:D
the waiting is tough. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait, but I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. Sheesh!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hello Fred

I ordered my Mini at Peabody on Saturday the 25th. I was at the dealership from 10:45am to about 1:30pm. Steve McAteer is my MA. Great guy. I'm guessing we must have seen each other there. The place was hopping when I left. You got week 45, yes?

Dennis

·
Registered
22 Posts
fred3 said:
MINI of Peabody. So far they've been great.

Not sure of a name yet. Maybe Moytul. :)

I test drove there, but we were turned off by the way they handled the deal. We could not get a november production slot on the 20th of sept. and they pulled out the old price increase right at the end of the deal. I thought it was kind of sleazy so we went into boston. We ended up with an October build date and great service. In the end I think it will be better because we can spend the day in beantown when we need to go in for service.

noticed today that they posted my factory installed options on the website. They are supposed to build next week if I am not mistaken. Can't wait.

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Dennis

jedi67 said:
Hello Fred

I ordered my Mini at Peabody on Saturday the 25th. I was at the dealership from 10:45am to about 1:30pm. Steve McAteer is my MA. Great guy. I'm guessing we must have seen each other there. The place was hopping when I left. You got week 45, yes?

Dennis
I've no idea what week I have as all they told me was an October build and November delivery.

·
Mini in Maine
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Mac

jvmckenzie said:
I test drove there, but we were turned off by the way they handled the deal. We could not get a november production slot on the 20th of sept. and they pulled out the old price increase right at the end of the deal. I thought it was kind of sleazy so we went into boston. We ended up with an October build date and great service. In the end I think it will be better because we can spend the day in beantown when we need to go in for service.

noticed today that they posted my factory installed options on the website. They are supposed to build next week if I am not mistaken. Can't wait.
Yeah. I went through the price thing too except I had to find out a few days after I'd ordered. They could take a bit more time and explain what could happen as well as what is happening. Still they are a straight shot from here and easy to get to. Their garage is supposed to be top notch so I'm hoping it was just a brain fart thing.

Is the dealership you went to have easy access to the subway into Boston? Not a bad idea really.

·
Registered
22 Posts
fred3 said:
Yeah. I went through the price thing too except I had to find out a few days after I'd ordered. They could take a bit more time and explain what could happen as well as what is happening. Still they are a straight shot from here and easy to get to. Their garage is supposed to be top notch so I'm hoping it was just a brain fart thing.

Is the dealership you went to have easy access to the subway into Boston? Not a bad idea really.
I would have accepted the price increase no problem, I just didn't like to hear about it when I had pen in hand and ready to sign on the dotted line. The dealership in boston is right on commonwealth ave and has a subway stop right across the street. Hopefully they treat us right because they certainly will be convenient. I won't need to hang around while my car is serviced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.