MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
scorpion/playmini twin s exhaust on my cooper! little bit of modification and 1 sweet looking exhaust. sounds great and power is definatly up, as along with the thphoon induction kit
it breathes more easily and pops the gases out the back fast, makes a great sound when reving as it growls at ya then pops from the pressure when u let your foot off the pedal,

see my gallery.

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bought a cooper s top bracket and bolted it through chassis, which the chassis already had holes inn anyway so no body modifications. had to drill a hole through the bracket tho and hang the rubbers of that for the left backbox and used 1 hanger from right hand side that is already there and modified the other hanger, took me and my dad about hour and a half.

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
u need to swap the complete plastic trims from an s bumper to the cooper bumper, and u also need to make some brackets for the back boxes! there is no need to drill through the body tho as you can hang a bracket off the chassis which has 3 holes in on the left hand side! and then hang the rubbers from the bracket! its not a job for an amature tho so i would advise getting someone pro to fit it, although i did do mine myself! i have made no direct modifications to the body of the car so the original exhaust can be put back on at any time, so there is no issue with warranty!

oh yeh, u need to cut the heatshield back aswell to allow for the left pipes!

i would advise buying a single backbox that is routed to the centre tho if u have not got much experience with this sort of mod, then its just a case of hanging new one on the existing brackets!!

quicksilver do a good quality one!

personal preference tho as far as sound goes!

cheers

·
Registered
708 Posts
notts04chillimini said:
them bk299's are nice, ive always liked em!! especially in that blinging chrome!!
Thanx just took them off for the worst of the winter, lets say they need a certain amount of dedication to keep them clean! :)

·
Now with S power!
23,915 Posts
i wanted to keep my warrenty and someone has offered me a brand new cooper s exhaust. how much do you reckon a pro could fit it for

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the cooper s exhaust still wont keep your warrantee intact, it is still classed as a modification, all depend on how funny the dealer wants to be about it tho!!

looking at 50 quid an hour at least for a pro to fit it, and espacially if its not one of theirs they will charge the earth! a pro will probably charge you for around 2 and half hours work which is going to be 125 quid to fit! plus the cost of your exhaust!

if i were you i would save the money to buy a single box with routed centre exit and will be easy to fit yourself as it will hang on the original rubbers on the floorpan! as long as you have a little bit of an idea about this type of thing u will be ok to do it yourself!!

plus, single box is going to be alot lighter than a cooper s twin box, so you will probably gain more from a single box!! the s system wont give you any more power and will just be adding weight to an already quite heavy car!!

i have gone for the twin stainless scorpion box because i like the sound from it and it isnt all that heavy and it is slightly more freeflowing as there are not as many baffles in a twin box because the sound is soaked up by the two boxes!! and the single ones ive seen inside have more baffles due to keeping the noise down as the gases are only coming through 1 exit.

hope this helps.

you can get cooper s standard systems from ebay for 45 quid if you still decide on fitting a twin box!!

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
this post is just in reply to a post by someone who is trying to fit a cooper s standard exhaust to their cooper, and the thread is now closed for some reason! i havent claimed to fit a standard cooper s exhaust on my car, i have clearly stated i have fitted a scorpion/playmini twin cooper s performance system! the back boxes are different from the standard cooper s exhaust so it will be mounted differently anyway! my dad came up with the great ideas for the brackets and hangers and only took him a few minutes to decide how we was going to do it!

if you are not very good at this sort of thing its best left to the proffesionals! i think i said before, its not easy if u dont know how! heres some pics of the fitting, thats my dad in the pics, i will do some more detailed pics when i have got time as i have since changed the mounts to accomodate for a new exhaust in future!

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/personal/21566/51103.jpg

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its not a job for an amature tho so i would advise getting someone pro to fit it said:
all above is something i said earlier in this thread. even tho i have fitted the twin box, i would advise just a single box routed to the centre

1 - 14 of 14 Posts