MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
No Steenkin Preevileeg
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A dear friend of mine is ordering an 05 S from Scottsdale MINI in AZ. However, she's had problems in communicating with her MA Deb--no return phone calls, inadequate or incomplete information, taking money for deposits with no production number, etc etc. She's getting very frustrated with the level of inattention and unprofessionalism this dealer seems to excel at.

Anyone else here have negative experiences with this dealership? My friend is ready to cancel her "order" (although Deb's taken $2K from her in deposits since March, she still has no production #) because she wont communicate. Thanks. Jimbo

·
Love this car
35 Posts
I took delivery of MINIFLY on April 26. Ordered (put first deposit) in August 2003. Did not hear anything from dealer or MA Until Dec. I did check status from August till Dec off and on. Once second deposit was in, I had frequent updates from MA. Keep this in mind. Throught the entire process I was very anxious to get my mini so Like everyone else called them all the time. The first time I visisted the showroom, to finalize stuff (this was about 4 weeks before estimated delivery) I sat down and talked to my MA. If you have visited the showroom, you will notice that there is one to no Minis on the floor. They are all ordered. The MAs are ordering so many cars a month that they are swamped. This being the main case for the lack of communication sometimes. MNS does not mark up the cars over MSRP like other dealrs do around the country. When you pick up the car, whci takes about 1 to 1.5 hours (showing you everything cool in the car) the service is great. Have not been there since I picked up my car for service but I am sure the service will be great. From time of fist deposti to delivery was about 8 months and that is what I was initially told. Since I picked up my MCS the waiting period is 11 months. On another subject, if you have not already done so, get the bonett stripes, they really add to the car. Have seen lots of minis without and they really make a diference.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought my car there and would not buy anything from them again - not even a T-shirt. Was going to go there for service on a few problems but after hearing some bad stories from fellow MINI enthusiasts here in Tucson, I will go to Vegas or Los Angeles.

·
No Steenkin Preevileeg
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nope

Yeah, if U consider Las Vegas or Los Angeles in the Phoenix area. ;) right now ther're only 3 MINI dealerships in the entire Mountain Time Zone: Phoenix, Denver, SLC. Albuquerque will be the 4th, this fall. Jimbo

·
I will crush you
555 Posts
sequence said:
Yeah, if U consider Las Vegas or Los Angeles in the Phoenix area. ;) right now ther're only 3 MINI dealerships in the entire Mountain Time Zone: Phoenix, Denver, SLC. Albuquerque will be the 4th, this fall. Jimbo
That is just insane :rolleyes:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ok, I have mixed thoughts on Mini of North Scottsdale.

I didn't like the fact that they were not upfront with me. When I first put my first deposit down, they told me I could order in 2 months. 2 months rolled by and no call from the dealership whether it was time to order. I called them and they told me to wait another 2 months. So another 2 months rolled by and they told me that I couldn't order until 2 more months. The reason they gave me was they didn't receive all of their allocation. I was tired of waiting and not hearing from them until I made the first contact. I am the customer, they should be the one making the first move to contact me and tell me what was going on. I wouldn't say Poor Customer Service but just Lack of Customer Service.

Everytime I went to the dealership to check out the cars, most of them were friendly and would ask if I needed any help. But sometimes I receive the feeling that I am not good enough to step into that dealership. I usually just wear a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers and I don't have or own a Rolex. The MINI dealership is located above the BMW dealership and this is in/near Scottsdale so most of the consumers who go there are hoity toity kind of people that would walk out of there with a fully loaded 7 series and pay cash.

I'll update later on regarding Service Department.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not to belittle anyone's experience on this, but here is mine.

I also am buying from Mini North Scottsdale, and I really don't have much of a problem with them. Even with my "delay" for the '05 model, I'm still within the original time frame of 7-9 months until delivery. I think the reason you don't hear from them for a long time is that they are not ignoring you but dealing with the customers who are in the system ahead of you and require action of some sort (ordering, delivery, etc.)

I do the jeans and T-shirt thing, too. But they haven't given me any uppity attitude, but it may be my attitude, since I live in North Scottsdale. ;)

·
I will crush you
555 Posts
As an aside, my father purchased a Boxster S in 2002 from Scottsdale Porsche in jeans and a t-shirt. The only reason that they paid him any attention at first was due to the fact that this was his 4th Porsche from them. Otherwise, they won't even acknowledge you unless you "look" like you can afford one. I really hope Scottsdale MINI isn't like that...

·
No Steenkin Preevileeg
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No salesperson should prejudge a customer's monetay worth by looks, numero uno mistake in the car sales biz. esp for a car that's under $20K ;) Jimbo

·
Registered
115 Posts
tfaust said:
Not to belittle anyone's experience on this, but here is mine.

I also am buying from Mini North Scottsdale, and I really don't have much of a problem with them. Even with my "delay" for the '05 model, I'm still within the original time frame of 7-9 months until delivery. I think the reason you don't hear from them for a long time is that they are not ignoring you but dealing with the customers who are in the system ahead of you and require action of some sort (ordering, delivery, etc.)

I do the jeans and T-shirt thing, too. But they haven't given me any uppity attitude, but it may be my attitude, since I live in North Scottsdale. ;)
If they told me 7 to 9 months before I made a deposit then I would have thought about whether to buy from them or not. The fact is no one from MINI of NS told me that the wait was from 7 to 9 months. Wait 2 months to order and after ordering your car will be delivered after a month, that's what they told me.

I don't care if someone lives on 96th St. or 96th Ave. If someone is a paying customer, they should treat them like a customer. I may live in North Scottsdale also but you can't judge the customer by it's appearance or address. Customer Service 101.

·
Registered
27 Posts
GreyStreet said:
If they told me 7 to 9 months before I made a deposit then I would have thought about whether to buy from them or not. The fact is no one from MINI of NS told me that the wait was from 7 to 9 months. Wait 2 months to order and after ordering your car will be delivered after a month, that's what they told me.

I don't care if someone lives on 96th St. or 96th Ave. If someone is a paying customer, they should treat them like a customer. I may live in North Scottsdale also but you can't judge the customer by it's appearance or address. Customer Service 101.
I agree on the customer service. Just saying I don't think I was judged by them. I have been judged by car dealers before, just didn't feel that this time. If I had been told 3 months and it turned into 9 I would be mad, too.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
12 Participants
turbolisa
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing