MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After unfortunately scraping my front bumper on Friday :rolleyes: :mad: , I have being searching for the best possible option to remove the damage. I could attempt to use touch up paint and do it myself, although the finish may not be 100% the same as the original paint finish or use a garage / restoration firm such as chips away to do a professional job at a cost?

Has anyone repaired any scraps or scratches on their car? if so what method did you use?

Thanks

·
Back in a first gen.
1,386 Posts
Hyia, don't know your location, but if you're anywhere near the Midlands.
Check out a company called Smart Care - he does all paintwork / alloy refurbs for me
all done to the HIGHEST quality :D. He has a few new MINI's of his own so he deffo knows what he's doing. :D:D
If you're not around here, then I suggest that you take it to a professional rather than attempt it yourself - thats what I'd do anyway. :D:D

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Yeah I got a scrapped bumper where one of my neighbours decided to squeeze past my car instead of reversing and I now have a lovely graze on my black cooper S bumper! :mad: I took my MINI to a free valuing session by a company called Chips away and they quoted me £80 for the bumper, a few really horrible scratches that some little kid decided to do by sitting on my bonnet and all the bonnet chips that just get picked up. Which I thought wasn't bad. I thought I might wait till I can't stand them any longer!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ScoobyDoo said:
Hyia, don't know your location, but if you're anywhere near the Midlands.
Check out a company called Smart Care - he does all paintwork / alloy refurbs for me
all done to the HIGHEST quality :D. He has a few new MINI's of his own so he deffo knows what he's doing. :D:D
If you're not around here, then I suggest that you take it to a professional rather than attempt it yourself - thats what I'd do anyway. :D:D

Hope this helps.

I love MINI said:
Yeah I got a scrapped bumper where one of my neighbours decided to squeeze past my car instead of reversing and I now have a lovely graze on my black cooper S bumper! I took my MINI to a free valuing session by a company called Chips away and they quoted me £80 for the bumper, a few really horrible scratches that some little kid decided to do by sitting on my bonnet and all the bonnet chips that just get picked up. Which I thought wasn't bad. I thought I might wait till I can't stand them any longer!
Thanks for the advice, I think going down the proffesional route is best! I have heard good things about chips away I may give them a call and see what can be done. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ScoobyDoo said:
I would suggest getting some other quotes first, I didn't pay that for a complete re-spray on my aero-kit bumper.
It is the best price around my area (Berkshire) for a professional repair and finish. The work is being done by chips away, so I get a 2 year guarantee.

I am getting my mirror caps painted as well whilst it is in for repair, my local mini dealer qouted £90 for the job!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: just for painting two wing mirror caps chilli red

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
I love MINI said:
Yeah I got a scrapped bumper where one of my neighbours decided to squeeze past my car instead of reversing and I now have a lovely graze on my black cooper S bumper! :mad: I took my MINI to a free valuing session by a company called Chips away and they quoted me £80 for the bumper, a few really horrible scratches that some little kid decided to do by sitting on my bonnet and all the bonnet chips that just get picked up. Which I thought wasn't bad. I thought I might wait till I can't stand them any longer!
Interesting, and soooo well timed as some b :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: d keyed my beautiful baby just a few days ago ALLLLLL along the passenger door!! Needless to say if I find the culprit they would not be walking when I'd finished with them :( Wasn't sure whether to trust my baby to chipsaway or to pay what is probably an exorbitant fee to BMW - I'll be hanging out until after Chrimbo now anyways.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
feverdiva21 said:
Interesting, and soooo well timed as some b :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: d keyed my beautiful baby just a few days ago ALLLLLL along the passenger door!! Needless to say if I find the culprit they would not be walking when I'd finished with them :( Wasn't sure whether to trust my baby to chipsaway or to pay what is probably an exorbitant fee to BMW - I'll be hanging out until after Chrimbo now anyways.

OHHHH NOOOO!!!

How awful! I LOVE your car! Jealous little Pompey scum!

Hope it gets fixed soon!

Yeah got the paperwork somewhere they seemed quite good maybe they are the way to go. Not sure if your metallic paint may cause a problem though as mine is the solid black nothing extremely hard to clone not sure if that may cause a problem.

Good luck and hope to see you around town soon! :rolleyes: ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts