MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a Cooper SD (2012) - which I love - but the previous owner had fitted a defective windscreen wiper which 'scraped' on the windscreen upon use. I've since changed the wipers - but there there are some scratches on the windscreen. The area size is about 1" square. (see picture below!)

It is possible to remove these scratches? Can anyone recommend how to take care of these scratches? Do I need a professional (like a 'Chips Away' type service) or is there a product I can buy? Or - do I need a new windscreen!?

Thank you for any guidance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add that the photo is very zoomed in...and the actual scratches are about 1 inch squared - not really impacting the view for the driver - but just very annoying!

·
Registered
46 Posts

another recommendation I have seen is to use a whitening toothpaste, much like it can be used on the front plastic light covers to bring them back to life from faded and greening.

never specifically done it myself though

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jeweller's rouge will sort this out. Available in several grades start with the courses and work your way to the finest. I've used this in the past to polish out vertical scratches on a driver's window caused by the window being wound up and down over many years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts