MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Astro
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have a scratch on my paint work, not too deep and some on the wheels, not curb marks but fine scratches on the wheel,

is there anything i can do to get these marks out with out having major work?

Thanks for any help

Alex

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have read somewhere that there is a product called "langka" which can be applied to new or old scratches. I haven't tried it and if someone has, i'd like to hear about it. The product is manufactured in Spokane, Washington State.

http://www.langka.com (I think that is the web site)

·
Registered
6 Posts
scratched bonnet stripe

Picked up my 2005 MCS but noticed two small (1-2 cm long) white scratches on the black bonnet stripe. The dealership agreed to replace the stripes but the process concerns me. They would have to heat up the clear coat on the bonnet, peel it off and then peel off the stripes. I worry that this process could damage the car's actual paint. I do have the Zaino line including a product that is suppose to help with scratches. I love, love, love this car. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
WhaaWhoo said:
Picked up my 2005 MCS but noticed two small (1-2 cm long) white scratches on the black bonnet stripe. The dealership agreed to replace the stripes but the process concerns me. They would have to heat up the clear coat on the bonnet, peel it off and then peel off the stripes. I worry that this process could damage the car's actual paint. I do have the Zaino line including a product that is suppose to help with scratches. I love, love, love this car. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
The paint is baked at the factory to quickly cure it so gently heating the stripes should do no harm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bonnet

Thanks for the reassurance. An auto-body guy that I trust said the same thing. One person suggested trying a Sharpie to cover it up. I'm sure I'll pursue the professional cure, replacing the stripes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts