MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ran out of screenwash for the first time.

looked in manual for screenwash reservoir size.

manual says 5 litres.

placed 1 litre bottle of screenwash in, to be diluted by a further 3litres of water.

screenwash was full after just one litre of water.

I now have frothy, super-concentrated screenwash, and only got 2 litres in total into the thing.

erm?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
just a thought but maybe the person who designed the reservoir also designed the fuel tank.
It's all becoming clearer now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Washer bottles ????????? WTF

Come on PEOPLE !!!!!!!!

Its a legend NOT a car

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I wouldn't have believed it but my Cooper ran out of water today. I tried to put the 5 litres of screenwash in only to find 2 litres (3 pints in real money)was the limit!:confused:
Have you been to the dealer to find if this needs to fixed?

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
I test drove a Mini One today, and a minute into the drive the bloody screen washer ran out of water. On returning the car, I mentioned this to the to dealer, only for her to say that she filled it up this morning:confused:

Well that's a bit sh**e then:(

It was only 3:30pm, so it didn't even last a day:confused:

LMB:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
pilchard

yer not wrong - I did exactly the same thing with the result that the car was covered in bubbles whenever it rained...

·
Registered
632 Posts
what about headlamp wash ?

My current Eurohatch has a 4 litre wash reservoir which is ok!

With the MINI headlamp wash option can I assume there will be a larger capacity reservoir provided, or a separate one - because in my experience it`s gonna need it?

On a slightly different tack - I parked behind an absolutely filthy (red?) Golf yesterday at Luton Airport.

Not only could you not make out the licence number at the back, the plate itself was barely visible?

I didn`t see the front but this was the worst case of Gatso blasting I`ve ever seen!

Anyone here know about the MINI headlamp wash and it`s reservoir?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Re: what about headlamp wash ?

Jakx said:

<snip>

Anyone here know about the MINI headlamp wash and it`s reservoir?

Judging from the Mini "instruction book" looks like it'll be in the same place, but opposite side of the engine from the windscreen reservoir. My local BMW/Mini garage tell me that headlamp wash will be available as a retrofit in the spring.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Re: Re: what about headlamp wash ?

kjs said:
. . . . My local BMW/Mini garage tell me that headlamp wash will be available as a retrofit in the spring.
If that`s true kjs, surely it`s going to be VERY expensive - 2 new headlamp assemblies, additional pump and reservoir etc?

Anyone know?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Jerry Can

Like the old willys jeeps, why don't u carry a jerry can filled with water to keep topping up the bottle. But seriously has anyone noticed that whilst parked at traffic lights, if some one is walking past the back of your car and u have the rear was wipe going! hehehehe they get wet. Thats not very nice is it.

Mark

ps has anyone else noticed this.
:D :D :D :p

·
Registered
266 Posts
. But seriously has anyone noticed that whilst parked at traffic lights, if some one is walking past the back of your car and u have the rear was wipe going! hehehehe they get wet
A few years ago someone twisted the washer jet for the rear window of my old Nova so it pointed directly towards the pavement. It took me a while to work out why my rear window wasn't getting wet but I was getting abuse from pedestrians.
Obviously I immediately corrected it and never drove through a busy town centre with my wipers going :p seeing how many tourists I could drench :D (when you drive a Nova you have to be creative if you want to enjoy the driving experience).

·
Registered
632 Posts
silly place to put a button . . .

MINIMARK said:
. . . . if some one is walking past the back of your car (MINI) and u have the rear was wipe going! hehehehe they get wet. Thats not very nice is it. . . .
On driving my S2000 back from Italy at night, we were pulled over and stopped at a Customs Border Post in Switzerland.

The official was standing at the left of the car and as I leaned over to answer his questions I accidently leant on the headlamp washer button (new car, and a b****y stupid place to put it!).

He got very wet and was not amused.

No sense of humour Swiss Customs Officer`s!

:D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Re: Re: Re: what about headlamp wash ?

Jakx said:
If that`s true kjs, surely it`s going to be VERY expensive - 2 new headlamp assemblies, additional pump and reservoir etc?

Anyone know?
I don't doubt it Jakx, but that's what the man at North Oxford BMW told me (well, their Mini dealership at Long Hanborough). I didn't ask the price though for the above reason, and also the risk of something going horribly wrong in the fitting!!!

Also told by said dealer that Xenon headlights will be available to retrofit too, cost approx £2500. The advice on this was just order a new car!:eek:

kjs

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ran my reservoir dry today.

Put 1 litre of screenwash in.

Filled the empty screenwash 1 litre bottle with water a it took about 9/10 ths of it.

2 litres is pants.

My BMW had a 5 litre reservoir!

Dave

·
Registered
309 Posts
annoyance

I never seem to stop filling up my screenwash and every petrol station i go to seems to have sold out and have a frozen hose, so i couldn't see a thing on my way to work today.

As for the heated washer jets... they're always bloody frozen, another thing for the list.

I didn't complain before i found this site!!! thanx guys!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts