MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing my S for an S Conv (55) next week.

My wife is disabled (a stroke some 10 years ago) and cannot use her right arm her reach across and grab the seat belt. In the S she can reasonably easily reach behind with her left arm and grab the seat belt.

However as the seat bet is lower down on the Conv she cannot reach it. I have ordered the seat belt holders but understand that these have a tendency to break so I will be reinforcing them with strips of carbon fibre (my friend who fits all my toys is a keen model planer!).

A quick question - has anyone else any ideas on how to make access to the seat belt easier (I can of course help her but she is fiercely independent!)?

Many thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Changing my S for an S Conv (55) next week.

My wife is disabled (a stroke some 10 years ago) and cannot use her right arm her reach across and grab the seat belt. In the S she can reasonably easily reach behind with her left arm and grab the seat belt.

However as the seat bet is lower down on the Conv she cannot reach it. I have ordered the seat belt holders but understand that these have a tendency to break so I will be reinforcing them with strips of carbon fibre (my friend who fits all my toys is a keen model planer!).

A quick question - has anyone else any ideas on how to make access to the seat belt easier (I can of course help her but she is fiercely independent!)?

Many thanks
To answer my own question. I bought the OEM Seatbelt holders and yes they parted if you sneeze too loudly! To fix this I drilled three holes and attached (underneath) a metal rod. This provides the strength and works really well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts