MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ive got a mini convertible 54 plate and both front seats still fold forward but dont slide anymore spoke to bmw and they want £130 each for a new seat runner ive had a quick look and can see the cable that broke has any one else had this problem is there a cheaper way to fix this as sounds expensive to me as its just the cables that are broke anyone got a DIY way to fix them cheers paul :mad:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey, it is just the cables that have broke nothing wrong with the phsical rails, unfortunantly you cant just get the cables. If you could source cables the correct size it would be an easy and inexpensive fix, sorry

·
Registered
114 Posts
Many moons ago when i rode a push bike, when ever we broke a brake cable we were able to buy a universal cable and cut it to length and then assemble it together. Its just a thought but are these cables still available if they are then your seat could be fixed for next to nothing, bypassing the £130 the stealers are trying to rob you of. The only other suggestion is a second hand cable if someone is prepared to sell you one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Many moons ago when i rode a push bike, when ever we broke a brake cable we were able to buy a universal cable and cut it to length and then assemble it together. Its just a thought but are these cables still available if they are then your seat could be fixed for next to nothing, bypassing the £130 the stealers are trying to rob you of. The only other suggestion is a second hand cable if someone is prepared to sell you one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts