MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi group i own a 2003 mini coop in racing green with the Cordoba leather interior unfortunately the driver and passenger seats are standard as sports seats in this trim weren't available until 2004 model.I visited my local (yawn yawn) BMW garage and was met with "not available for this year of car" i then asked the question if he could find out whether the 2004 sport seats would fit his reply "dunno but we wouldn't sell then to you due to safety reasons" this seems to be the normal attitude from this dealer it makes me chuckle because they feel that having a "BMW" badge on there shirt makes them more than a store man go figure ;-) anyway i wander...........so does anybody out there know if they will fit or have any ideas on improving driver and passenger support.
Regards Dave :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
;-)

Sorry i think you misunderstand sports seats were available in all trims.........except cordoba until 2004

·
003 On a Mission
4,239 Posts
myns mini said:
Sorry i think you misunderstand sports seats were available in all trims.........except cordoba until 2004
:red: :red: :)

Yes I understand that. Your dealer said he could not fit the 2004 sports seat on safety grounds I think that is a load of B:bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: :bad: s as I am sure the seats themselves have not changed, only the covers.
Perhaps someone else can verify this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i see ;-))

sorry mate i see what your saying now but like you say i need to know for sure before spending out on maybe's.By the way my local dealer is Victoria BMW of sunny Milton Keynes!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts