MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am an excited new owner of a 2005 Cooper CVT, in S. California. The car came with cloth seats and I wanted to reupholster them to leather - black/silver. Any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks a bunch!

Apple
:red: :red:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately

I bought the in-stock car from the dealership and it came with cloth. I checked with Mini USA, standard for 2005 is cloth or leatherette. I should have ordered the car but I did not want to wait...guess this the price to pay for not waiting... :(

·
Registered
401 Posts
ohhh

Hmm, maybe you can get seat covers? to replace cloth to leather I'm thinking they gotta replace the whole seat. I could be wrong though.

Howard

·
Slippery When Wet
2,556 Posts
This may be absurb, but my 2003 Cooper has Black Leatherette Sport seats, and I really want cloth. I'm in Michigan, so I don't know how feasible a trade/trade+$$ would be, but if you'd like to stick with OEM MINI seats, let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seats

Thanks for the offer. I was contemplating about it, but the logistics might be difficult. I got some quotes from local upholstering shops, and the quotes were around $900 to re-upholster both front and back seats with leather. Does this sound right?

·
BrAinLeSs MotOriNG StYle
60 Posts
:eek: yeah $900 :p :p :p is about right since labor and everything the kit alone is like $800+ for good leather you can get cheap vinyl like leather :D BUT :D it's still leather for $600 :bad: i forgot where but it was on this one magazine....go ask on import cars people who tune em should know more about this stuff...over and out.................................... :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2-tone leather seats

Hehe....I got the interior upholstered with 2-tone leather in black & silver. I passed on leather side panel, b/c one panel costs $100-150... so tough luck! Love the car now, even the dealer remembers my car after having it in for a service just once!!!^^ :D :D :red:

·
Registered
218 Posts
apple said:
Hehe....I got the interior upholstered with 2-tone leather in black & silver. I passed on leather side panel, b/c one panel costs $100-150... so tough luck! Love the car now, even the dealer remembers my car after having it in for a service just once!!!^^ :D :D :red:
Could you please post some pictures? Pretty please? :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts