MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pass a Seat dealership on the way home & for the past few weeks they've had 2 used Minis on the forecourt. There's a Peugeot garage nearer home which had one for a while as well.

the question is - who is trading in Minis for Seats & Peugeots? :eek:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Dealers rarely keep trade-in they usually move them on so they are probably one the mini dealer didn't want!
It's nice for the Seat & Peugeot customers to see what they could get instead though. :D ;)

·
Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
Hat said:
I pass a Seat dealership on the way home & for the past few weeks they've had 2 used Minis on the forecourt. There's a Peugeot garage nearer home which had one for a while as well.

the question is - who is trading in Minis for Seats & Peugeots? :eek:
I have seen one at a Ford dealer and a Honda dealer!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I've noticed that non-mini main dealers seem to think mini ones sell for £14000 second hand. Then someone explained to me that the minis are on certain forecourts to attract people to buy other cars :p could be true.
The offending dealer was Rover.
Hello madam, you can't afford the mini but how about the fantastic city rover/ rover 25 :p :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Seen them on the used car lots of Scion, Honda, Mercedes, Nissan, Infinity, and Audi. People are just upgrading. They sit on the used lot for such a long time becuase they have to recover the trade in cost, and that is usually near new pricing.

Seems Simple to me. ;)

·
Lovin my iPod
1,935 Posts
Yep, a Ford dealer near me has a silver and black 04 plate Cooper for sale. It has done just 2,600 miles - MINI to Ford?
G :ibblack:

·
Registered
188 Posts
saw a few at mazda, subaru, and mitsubishi dealerships.
Can only assume they traded in for RX8's, WRX's, and EVO's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
VegasD
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing