MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...this discussion group seems to be all about the best alloy wheels to be found. I'd like to know about the cheapest 15 inch rims that will fit.

In another thread we were discussing the options for winter driving...snow.

I mentioned my 71 Moggie which goes through anything owing to the narrow tires. Made me think that I should find a set of 15 inch rims that will hold a more narrow tire and mount up a set of winter tires for...well...winter, thus setting aside my expensive 16 inch set for more fun driving later.

So...what is the pattern? What other wheels fit? Meaning stock Japanese rims perhaps? That sort of thing. If There's a match from other more common makes I could see getting a set of stock factory alloys from a salvage yard and having them powdercoated in white...what the heck!

Thanks

Peter..getting ready for snow...in Denver

·
" Wooooosahhh! "
46 Posts
I have stock 15 inch rims that i'll be replacing with my new rims in about a month, so if you want to buy those, I'll be glad to help out

·
" Wooooosahhh! "
46 Posts
yup i'm in socal, i'm not sure how much I'll sell them for yet, but probably near 400-500 for the whole set? I'll ask the dealers how much they sell for new, and I'll get back to you on a price :D

·
Registered
940 Posts
I got my 15" stock cooper wheels off Ebay last year, in new condition, for $400 including shipping, bout ready to put them on, no snow yet but the stock Dunlops are close to bald after 17K miles, they went fast but it was fun... :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got four Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice winter tires put on my car today. With shipping, steel wheels and new rims, it cost me about $560 from Tirerack.com. Plus there's a $25 rebate. The tech at the garage that swapped out the tires said they could only get the wholesale price for $2 less per tire. Thought I'd share.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts