MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious about something.

In Kansas City, as I understand it, Baron BMW is going to put their mini showroom directly on the first level of their current multi floor dealership building.

Reading the Michigan dealer thread, it appears they have to build a separate showroom building.

Is this true for just some states or am I being steered wrong here in KC?:confused: :confused:

·
Sham's apprentice
721 Posts
It does not have to be a separate building as much as it needs to be a separate space. At the newly constructed BMW/MINI of Sterling in Virginia the MINI area is separated by glass that will have a sort of frost to it. The area will receive a special paint job and have furniture shipped over from Germany.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
MINI of San Francisco has the showroom above their BMW showroom, so there's no requirement for a separate building.

·
Loves MINI2
855 Posts
The MINI dealership in Fort Lauderdale is a seperate building, but it is next door. From what I understand they are taking the BMW Used Car Sales building and lot and reconstructing it into MINI.

·
Registered
930 Posts
MINI of Richmond VA is adding on to the existing BMW showroom. An area to the right of the BMW area will be technically "separate" but physically part of the same building.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Long Beach MINI (CA) is using their used car showroom, or at least that is what I was told last July. I was told one bay in their service department would be dedicated to the MINI. (Based upon the posts here, they may need a lot more than that!) I suspect it gives BMW a way out. They can tout the car as being "built by BMW" to increase potential sales, but can distance themselves from it (What did you expect? It is NOT a BMW!") if there are major problems. Kind of like a "fair weather friend" if you ask me.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Having visited the MINI Munich dealership in December (after Essen), I can only hope that the US dealerships will be a cool looking inside. Very hip styling, visually interesting and functional.

Certainly not your average car dealership. Somewhat similar in that it has a strong visual concept to the new VW dealership buildings popping up around the US.

Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts