MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kent Falls State Park, CT 1pm- 1:30pm

Since there seems to be a fair amount of Sept. build folks in the New England region(specifically CT and NY), that I thought it would be fun if we could get together and take a "class picture." (my son recently came home with his school pics and this gave me the idea)

A few other folks were interested, so I'm gonna go ahead with it before the weather starts getting nasty. The date will be November 13, a Saturday. Looks like the place is going to be Kent Falls, on Route 7 in CT (thanks reills, for the suggestion - it's a great location) and if we're lucky it'll still be late-fall pretty. Don't have a time yet. Any suggestions are welcome. I don't know how far folks are willing to come for this.

There's been a lot of interest in having a nice little drive after the picture taking (oh why would we want to do something like that??? ;) ), so anyone, Sept. build or not, is welcome to join us. :D Part of the reason why I want to do this is because it seems that every single other Mini event that I've seen listed (for recently or in the future) was on or is on dates when I couldn't/can't go. So in true obsessive fashion I'll plan my own. :)

So far me, aeplumly, reills, maganoo, and maybe Nemi are the Sept. build folks I've heard from. Maganoo was kind enough to start a thread here
http://newyorkmini.org/Forums/viewtopic/p=23334.html#23334

So, what do folks think???

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maganoo said:
Lets not make it too early as I like to sleep in on the weekends.
And there are people that don't???? :D

I was kinda thinking a lunchtypetime meet up. I know it's a haul for you. Is that reasonable?

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
shijinmini said:
And there are people that don't???? :D

I was kinda thinking a lunchtypetime meet up. I know it's a haul for you. Is that reasonable?
There deffinetly are people who don't like to sleep in on the weekends (ie my neighboor who has the freakin landscapers lowing the law at 8 am on a Saturday)
But anyway, depending on where in CT it will probably take me about 2 hours to get there. So anywhere between 12 and 1 would probably be good.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trying to keep this so it's noticed

Well, I had to do a search to find this, so I guess I'll keep posting to keep it current. (don't know much about stickying or who does it).

Saturday, November 13. September build "class picture" at Kent Falls on Route 7.

http://dep.state.ct.us/stateparks/parks/kentfalls.htm

Some folks probably (not set in stone yet) will meet in Danbury area at lunchtime and drive up to Kent Falls together. I'll set a definite time for class pic, so that any one that can't meet earlier can still get there for the pic. Then a drive after too.

It would be great to have as many of us septembers as possible. (hey, I haven't seen it done before - or at least found any evidence of it - so fun, huh?)

I will keep info posted and current on all websites that I'm familiar with.

So far we have the following class members interested:
Shijinmini
maganoo
aeplumly
alopukhin
reills
coopergeek (maybe)
tymbre (maybe)
nemi (maybe)

Also there will be folks that are not class members, but just along for the fun. We'll get a picture with all of us as well as the "official class picture".

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
shijinmini said:
Well, I had to do a search to find this, so I guess I'll keep posting to keep it current. (don't know much about stickying or who does it).
Shi
I think the meeting in Danbury is a good idea. There is an abandon bank parking lot next to teh Marcus Dairy off 84 that MINI's in teh area typically use as a meeting point. We could all meet here?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Maganoo, how was your trip?

Yeah, I was thinking either Marcus Dairy (cause folks know that) or someplace at the I84/Rt7 junction (that way very few folks would have to backtrack much). I'm gonna figure a couple of things first (like how long from x to z) before posting a place and time.

Since today was so gorgeous and warm, I did the Zaino thing to my car (used their new speedo type stuff, Zfx, it worked great. Pretty. We went and took some nice (hopefully) pics. If they turn out I'll have to figure out how to do a gallery. :D

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
shijinmini said:
Hi Maganoo, how was your trip?

Yeah, I was thinking either Marcus Dairy (cause folks know that) or someplace at the I84/Rt7 junction (that way very few folks would have to backtrack much). I'm gonna figure a couple of things first (like how long from x to z) before posting a place and time.

Since today was so gorgeous and warm, I did the Zaino thing to my car (used their new speedo type stuff, Zfx, it worked great. Pretty. We went and took some nice (hopefully) pics. If they turn out I'll have to figure out how to do a gallery. :D
My trip was great, it was such nice weather this weekend. I wish I was around to drive the MINI though. It was great convertible weather here too.

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
We're trying to narrow down meeting location and time.
Suggestion of 11:30 at the bank next to Marcus Dairy. GMINI will take us on a spirited ride through some CT twisties and we should be to Kent falls by 1.

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
Some updated info:
September 2004 Production class picture, for all Sept 04 produced MINI's and their owners. All other MINI owners are welcome as well.

Meeting: 11:30 at the bank parking lot next to the Marcus Dairy. We will be leaving the bank lot at 11:30, so plan to be there a little earlier then that. Here are directions/address of the bank for those who don't know it.
Take the Mall Exit, Exit #3 off of I-84.
Right at the first light.
Right at the first light.
Count to ten and take a right into the driveway before the old bank building. Sign says for sale. Park in the rear. You wil be next to Marcus Dairy. Full convenience store and diner.

We will then motor through some CT twisties led by GMINI (John) and maybe his fun co-pilot Wink

Photo Op: Between 1 and 1:30 at Kent Falls.

Attending
maganoo*
shijinmini*
alopukhin*
aeplumly*
reills*
Maxamini
GMINI
nightrider824
MINICOOPERBOI*
coopergeek*(MINI2)
tymbre*(maybe)
nemi*(MINI2, maybe)
buzzy
jean-ji*
allan

*Sept 04 production MINI owner

·
Privileged & Gifted
8,137 Posts
Hey. I'm going to meet you guys at KentFalls and take a more sensous river ramble. No raw knucles and having to pay so close atention we miss the view. It will include a hill climb and descent.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
3 days to go!

Just a reminder (to get this into the new posts, haha) that this is happening this coming Saturday. Looks like it'll be a nice day, cold but nice. I am looking forward to meeting folks! :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We are ditching the kids for the day. Many hours spent in the MCS with them last weekend. I think we have recovered mostly. ;) But they are 11yrs and almost 17yrs old. Not at all sad about not having to tag along with mom and dad. You folks with younger kids, enjoy them "wanting" to go along. ;)

Looking forward to meeting your families! :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Okay, looks like I am going to be out of town this Saturday for my birthday. Going to visit family for the weekend.
So everyone enjoy the meet....and make sure you post a picture of the class photo for me!
Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
52 Posts
alopukhin said:
Anyone else bringing their famly with them? My wife and 2 sons are tag-along moterers any chance they get....
I was able to get the three year old to spend the day with grandma but the one year old and the wife will be tagging along they enjoy the car as much as I do.....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts